U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,489,466 times

Advertisements

Over the last couple of months jcpenneys has really improved. As a 20 year old I really see a lot of nice affordable things I like and buy ! And the new store look is better too! And I like the catalogs I get every week but I wonder if they will survive? Maybe they should detach themselves from themselves? And people may give it a chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 PM

449 posts, read 703,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Over the last couple of months jcpenneys has really improved. As a 20 year old I really see a lot of nice affordable things I like and buy ! And the new store look is better too! And I like the catalogs I get every week but I wonder if they will survive? Maybe they should detach themselves from themselves? And people may give it a chance?
It may be a time factor thing. To replace the old J.C. Penney with the "new jcp" and create a younger, new, sizable , loyal customer base has to be timed just right. I think the new guy thinks he can perform miracles. We'll see.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 PM

748 posts, read 1,356,127 times
Truthfully I don't see them lasting, that store is full of nothing but junk. The only good thing inside JC Pennys is a Sephora, and that has nothing at all to do with JC. The sale thing they did is weird to, they stopped having sales and just leave things at a constant "sale" price. However i'm not really sure anything they have is truly on sale.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM

300 posts, read 606,570 times
I am very disappointed in the quality of their merchandise now. I looked at a Liz Clairborne puff vest for my mother-in-law and was surprised at how shabby the the construction was! Never expected that from Pennys, or Liz Clairborne! The price was not that great, either - in fact, I got a Land's End puff vest, on sale, for a few bucks less AND it is a far better made product. I used to love Pennys and thought they were a real "sleeper" full of great finds & good quality - can't say I believe that any more. I wonder if their clothing is going to become more like a Rue 21 or Maurice's? Sephora is fine, but Ulta is cheaper & usually has coupons which help you save even more.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,489,466 times
awww i really liked their stuff now.. they should just start over and become someone else like how Learners became New York and Company.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM

880 posts, read 1,661,440 times
JC Penny will probably be a good choice with the older group (late 30s - 40s) but as for youngsters, they wouldn't be a hit. I think their clothes are a bit too conservative, compared to the way people dress these days, "sexy, etc.."
But I guess you're right about them improving a bit with collaborations with big names like Sephora, Mango and 7 for all mankind.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:20 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I like the idea of the collabos and the merchandise looks much better than it has in the past. But the fabrics and quality are terrible. Many prices are too much, so I'll pass on JCP.

I've made some attempts over the summer to purchase stuff and ended up returning almost all right away. I also found that 75% of the clothing isn't well cut for my shape anyway.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:33 PM

2,207 posts, read 3,012,582 times
The "Liz Claiborne" at JC Penney is not the Liz Claiborne of old that had once graced regular department stores such as Macy's--this from someone who was a former Claiborne lover.

I knew moving Claiborne to the JC Penney level would be a mistake.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM

3,192 posts, read 4,232,952 times
I see them going the way of Sears. A reputation like theirs is very hard to shed. The no sale policy they have seems to have driven customers away. Myself, I don't find myself shopping there as much as I used to because of no sales.

I have a buddy who works for them, he's been with them for a few years and has said that there are a lot of grumblings within the company. He also said that he's going to start looking for a different job because he doesn't have confidence in the company anymore. And he went to Penney's from Sears.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 PM

10,713 posts, read 19,040,812 times
Laughing at how someone says "older" is 30's-40's. There is a JCP thread in shopping where thoughts have been discussed on whether they'll make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or