Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM

184 posts, read 702,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I also agree~! I think you should consider him a "friend only" and not anything more cause if he's into wearing women's clothing "he is gay".
please keep your homophobic comments to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
I also agree~! I think you should consider him a "friend only" and not anything more cause if he's into wearing women's clothing "he is gay".
I don't think it's that simple. The majority of gay men out there are not into wearing women's clothes (I know from experience). Some people have fetishes that most of us will never understand, gay or straight.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
please keep your homophobic comments to yourself.
I'm not homophobic!!! I have gay friends. One of them dressed like a woman, but unfortunately "she" has passed due to medical issues. Another friend of mine was married for years including a kid, and he left her for another man!!!
Edit: both wife & husband are my friends.

Last edited by veggienut; 12-03-2012 at 10:31 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Nope, doesn't mean he's gay. All it means is that he doesn't have good sense. Being friends with him is fine. But if you want a meaningful ADULT relationship, look for someone else.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,925 times
Quote:
I'm not homeophobic!!! I have gay friends. One of them dressed like a woman, but unfortunately "she" has passed due to medical issues. Another friend of mine was married for years including a kid, and he left her for another man!!!
Homosexual: Someone who is attracted to their own sex.

Reasons as to why the OP's boyfriend is not gay:
1. He is attracted to women (seeing as how he's with her)
2. Gay men are only attracted to men.
3. Men who dress up in women's clothing are not automatically gay. Believe it or not, there are straight cross-dressers, as well. But dressing up in womens clothing does not mean that a man is inherently gay.

As for you friend, he could have been bisexual or a later in life gay man, both of which are possible. But, I will go back to the fact that a man interested in womens clothing =/= gay. The OP's boyfriend has a fetish for womens clothes and more than likely has submissive tendencies. That doesn't make him bad boyfriend material nor does that mean she should throw him by the way side because of this (especially since she appears to want to participate in indulging his interest). I'm glad that the boyfriend has apparently found someone with whom he can feel comfortable enough to share his kink with, and that she wants to share with him.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Thumbs down well then...

Quote:
I'm not homophobic!!! I have gay friends. One of them dressed like a woman, but unfortunately "she" has passed due to medical issues. Another friend of mine was married for years including a kid, and he left her for another man!!!
Edit: both wife & husband are my friends.
keep your small minded comments to yourself.
Koale

Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM

733 posts, read 987,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I would recommend that you find a new boyfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I think your boyfriend wants to be your girlfriend.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Nope, doesn't mean he's gay. All it means is that he doesn't have good sense. Being friends with him is fine. But if you want a meaningful ADULT relationship, look for someone else.
My mistake, I thought this was the "Fashion and Beauty Forum," when clearly, it's the "Narrow-minded Forum for Homophobic Cavemen."

I know a dude who likes wearing girls clothes from time to time. He lives with his fiance, and they're a totally awesome couple. In fact, I've known the girl for many years, and this is by far the best relationship she's ever had. The world is a complex place, folks.

Unfortunately, BrittanyRose, I have no recommendations. Maybe you guys should look at stuff together? The guy that I know seems to enjoy picking stuff out himself as well as having his fiance get stuff for him. Either that or maybe just try a bunch of stuff, and you'll/he'll probably be able figure out what he likes from there.

Maybe you could also move the thread to a "Relationships" sub-forum. You might get more helpful replies there and less kooky, judgmental ones.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I have a friend whose husband likes to wear ladies clothes sometimes. He's not gay, not immature, not a pervert, whatever some of those negative posts above want to suggest. He's a good husband and the dressing up isn't a major part of their sex life, just something he likes to do sometimes. He doesn't wear the clothes out of their house, or even out of the bedroom. I only know about it because she wanted to borrow a pair of my shoes (I have huge feet).

My suggestion to the OP is to figure out what size your boyfriend wears...measure him with a tape measure, write down the measurements and then look at size charts. If you're not sure about sizes, get something stretchy to start with. Stockings and a garter belt would be a good thing...guys with this fetish seem to like stuff like that. Don't spend a ton of money getting stuff together at first...remember this is just a fantasy your boyfriend has and the reality may not be as fun to him as the fantasy, so wait and see if it's fun to him before you invest a lot in it.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 AM

136 posts, read 239,226 times
He's told you what he wants. You can look it all up on Amazon yourself. You just need to get the right size and might as well add shoes.

You dont seem very enthused to be 'honoring his request'. It's not last rites. If you're not comfortable, you should talk. Maybe a full blown dress is too much for you. What about a manly kilt as a compromise? Do scottish accents turn you on? It could be a win-win situation.

Also, this doesn't mean he's gay. But he's got an itch that needs scratched. That's going to happen with you or without you.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Cross dressing has nothing to do with being Gay. I personally don't understand transvestism but I don't see what all the big thing is about it. If a woman is OK with her guy wearing women's clothes then it is their business .

A neighbour of mine informed me a while back that her Dad ( an ex Marine) is a transvestite. Her mother is fine with it and he is most definitely not Gay. I must admit to being a little surprised as I know this guy as a very "square" chap but who cares ? His wife does not mind, his kids don't mind so whatever floats his boat...As long as it does not harm anyone.

Most transvestites are Heterosexual, they simply have a fnatasy involving women's clothing. Maybe not my cup of tea or yours but your facile comments are also misguided and non factual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty