U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Northeast
1,887 posts, read 1,709,900 times
Reputation: 3736

Advertisements

Genetics.....Although with all clinical trials going on, someday it may be a reality...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Renee looks her age these days. I was shocked when I saw a recent photo of her. She's undeniably besutiful, but she doesn't look like she's 40. Michelle has had work too. I think she looks kind of eerie because of it.

Naomi has had work...and she didn't have children. Look at the women on Realhousewives of Atlanta...they look their ages, not 10-20 years younger.
LOL at using the women of the RHOA as your examples

FYI Kim Zolciak is 34 and yet she looks 40-something.


And Naomi Campbell has denied having cosmetic surgery and even sued a doctor who made those claims. The fact that she is aging gracefully is a foreign concept to some but to others its simply the norm. I see nothing unusual about Naomi's youthful appearance because the Black women in my life have been blessed with graceful aging as well.

Did Naomi Campbell Undergo Plastic Surgery? | Plastic Surgery Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
846 posts, read 909,335 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I think women who live in rural areas where the air is clean have really good skin after 40.
Anyone else notice this?
City air has to be so bad for your skin/body.
It's the metals from air pollution. That's why it's important to wash your face thoroughly at the end of the day. Usually if I don't go out again after work, I would try to wash my face when I get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
846 posts, read 909,335 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Here are some antiaging tips.
1. Watch your weight and eat healthy
2. Do not smoke (this can do more harm than you can ever imagine)
3. Maintain a good attitude (this shows in your face)
4. Be happy
5. Exercise
6. Stay out of the sun
7. Use sunscreen daily starting in your teens
8. Educate yourself on what is best for your skin.
Good list.

Sleeping on your back and not on your side so one side of your face isn't crushed helps too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
 
Location: North Shore Long Island
7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Reputation: 10544
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
LOL at using the women of the RHOA as your examples

FYI Kim Zolciak is 34 and yet she looks 40-something.


And Naomi Campbell has denied having cosmetic surgery and even sued a doctor who made those claims. The fact that she is aging gracefully is a foreign concept to some but to others its simply the norm. I see nothing unusual about Naomi's youthful appearance because the Black women in my life have been blessed with graceful aging as well.

Did Naomi Campbell Undergo Plastic Surgery? | Plastic Surgery Blog
Why, the RHOA aren't real women?

And there's no denying that Kim Z looks old for her age. I never stated otherwise.

Ever see photos of Naomi without makeup or weaves?

And you're going to tell me she's not doing Botox injections? Or she's not using laser therapy for her skin??? Please.

And this us why she sued:
the supermodel has adamantly denied receiving Botox injections, although she said that using her name without her consent to endorse products was the main reason why she was infuriated.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 12-08-2012 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 AM
 
Location: North Shore Long Island
7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Reputation: 10544
Check out her neck
http://runway411.com/wp-content/uplo...Campbell22.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PwONGkN0cK...i-Campbell.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Why, the RHOA aren't real women?

And there's no denying that Kim Z looks old for her age. I never stated otherwise.

Ever see photos of Naomi without makeup or weaves?

And you're going to tell me she's not doing Botox injections? Or she's not using laser therapy for her skin??? Please.

And this us why she sued:
the supermodel has adamantly denied receiving Botox injections, although she said that using her name without her consent to endorse products was the main reason why she was infuriated.
BTW, I don't need to look at examples from people on television (or elsewhere), I can simply look around at the women in my family, friends and at myself. No need for botox/fillers/laser therapy etc and still no wrinkles.

And wow...you certainly do seem to be highly invested in making your point against Black women who are known to age well. Stating that Black women age well is not meant as an insult against women who are not Black.

But oh well, what ever makes you feel better...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 12:45 PM
 
Location: North Shore Long Island
7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Reputation: 10544
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
BTW, I don't need to look at examples from people on television (or elsewhere), I can simply look around at the women in my family, friends and at myself. No need for botox/fillers/laser therapy etc and still no wrinkles.

And wow...you certainly do seem to be highly invested in making your point against Black women who are known to age well. Stating that Black women age well is not meant as an insult against women who are not Black.

But oh well, what ever makes you feel better...
WTF?!? That's a bit of a jump, don't ya think?

If my posts are what you consider "highly invested," then you need to get out more.


And BTW, your post in regards to aging well has a link to celebs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
Reputation: 18588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
WTF?!? That's a bit of a jump, don't ya think?

If my posts are what you consider "highly invested," then you need to get out more.


And BTW, your post in regards to aging well has a link to celebs.
I posted pics of Naomi Campbell 20 years apart, discussed the ageless women in my own family and posted a link about Black celebs who have aged well....really did not think that anyone would be "huffed" about it.

BTW, I get out often enough to understand that your comments revealed far more than you actually realize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: North Shore Long Island
7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Reputation: 10544
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I posted pics of Naomi Campbell 20 years apart, discussed the ageless women in my own family and posted a link about Black celebs who have aged well....really did not think that anyone would be "huffed" about it.

BTW, I get out often enough to understand that your comments revealed far more than you actually realize.
And my posts regarding Renee and Michelle?? And if you think my posts are huffed, then you're misinterpreting my tone because this thread us hardly "huff" worthy.

And your family wasn't mentioned until after my opinions on Naomi.

How you can interpret my posts as being racially motivated is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top