U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,275,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
And my posts regarding Renee and Michelle?? And if you think my posts are huffed, then you're misinterpreting my tone because this thread us hardly "huff" worthy.

And your family wasn't mentioned until after my opinions on Naomi.

How you can interpret my posts as being racially motivated is beyond me.

My interpretation comes from the fact that you compared Naomi Campbell who is obviously on a different level to the women on the RHOA. And then you proceeded to post pics of Naomi's neck and tossed in comments about her without makeup (still flawless) and hair extensions (obvious shade throwing).

Its ok...I see where you were going with all of this

(back on topic)
A recent pic of Naomi's mom (with Naomi's boyfriend)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ND920tPjWk...+boyfriend.bmp

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-21-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,242,742 times
Default I don't know if that is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its called regular maintenance and proper care.

Women (and men) are like cars. You run it into the ground without ever taking care to maintain it...
How is that thing going to look down the road?
Treat it like a classic collector car....

I have see gym rats who look very good for their age. But I did know a personal trainer who took human growth hormone who stopped aging at 20. About five years later I called her and heard a cat howling in the background. Turns out it was her. She developed bone spurs along her spine.

Actors are made up and photographed to their best advantage. When they are not, well ...
Attached Thumbnails
Why can't all women age like...-katieholmes2.jpg  

Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 PM

738 posts, read 928,264 times
I think the no make up link only shows that most women don't have access to the top make up people. When they do go for a make over it is at the local mall, not Hollywood.

If you are beautiful at 20 you will most likely be beautiful at 40, 60, and 80. A few more lines on the face, a little more skin on the neck, and 15 more pounds does not mean a woman is no longer beautiful. Some women even get better with age such as Barbara Stanwyck.

The look in her eyes, the basic facial features(nose, cheek bones), and her attitude are what makes a woman beautiful. You never lose those.

This is just one guys opinion.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:32 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
My interpretation comes from the fact that you compared Naomi Campbell who is obviously on a different level to the women on the RHOA. And then you proceeded to post pics of Naomi's neck and tossed in comments about her without makeup (still flawless) and hair extensions (obvious shade throwing).

Its ok...I see where you were going with all of this

(back on topic)
A recent pic of Naomi's mom (with Naomi's boyfriend)
Apparently you're a Naomi fan and I've ruffled a few feathers. I'll hold off on my opinion on Valerie for fear of having a cell phone thrown at me.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:11 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Apparently you're a Naomi fan and I've ruffled a few feathers. I'll hold off on my opinion on Valerie for fear of having a cell phone thrown at me.
I have spoken my peace...

Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its called regular maintenance and proper care.

Women (and men) are like cars. You run it into the ground without ever taking care to maintain it...
How is that thing going to look down the road?
Treat it like a classic collector car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well I hate to inform you but Black women age very well...

Naomi Campbell

20 years ago and today

Please,I hope no one takes this personally,but from MY observation,blacks and whites age differently.

Whites may get more wrinkles,but I believe blacks aging shows through face shape changes,nose shape changes,and body shape changes.

To get a better understanding of what I'm saying,I can still tell if a black woman is in her 40's,even if she looks younger.
The head tends to be bigger esp in the cheeks and chin areas. The forehead skin looks thinner. You can see where the bony parts meet. The eyebrows sag. Same thing seems to happen in Asians too. The hair thins in all races

Also,many black women do dress with a more youthful look than whites and Asians.

But all in all,we are talking about celebs. I be willing to bet Naomi,Michelle,J Lopez all had juvederm or botox done.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Good list.

Sleeping on your back and not on your side so one side of your face isn't crushed helps too.
Sleeping on your back will also result in a bald spot on the back of the head.
I guess chose one...bald or wrinkle free?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 AM

10,664 posts, read 7,705,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Sleeping on your back will also result in a bald spot on the back of the head.
I guess chose one...bald or wrinkle free?
Personally I choose sleep. If I start thinking on how I should sleep too look good, but not get any sleep as a result... well I'd rather be wrinkled on one side but at least get some rest!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM

40,888 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
I think the no make up link only shows that most women don't have access to the top make up people. When they do go for a make over it is at the local mall, not Hollywood.

If you are beautiful at 20 you will most likely be beautiful at 40, 60, and 80. A few more lines on the face, a little more skin on the neck, and 15 more pounds does not mean a woman is no longer beautiful. Some women even get better with age such as Barbara Stanwyck.

The look in her eyes, the basic facial features(nose, cheek bones), and her attitude are what makes a woman beautiful. You never lose those.

This is just one guys opinion.
I agree.

I've never been a classic beauty but I have some good points - I was blessed with good skin that doesn't wrinkle much, and with thick hair. Plus, I'm a pretty animated person and I'm also a very contented, happy person (I think that shows on anyone's face).

I look better at age 50 than I did at age 20, and that's the truth. I like my face a WHOLE lot better now than I did then. When I was younger, my face wasn't as defined - now it is and I like it.

I am also about 20 pounds heavier than I was in college - but my gosh, I've had four kids, and I'm a grandmother seven times over! I don't care if I don't have the perfect figure I had when I was twenty - that's an unrealistic wish anyway.

Sure I have my challenges - I don't much care for the looseness of skin that I can tell is going to happen (because it's already started to happen!) around my neck. But hey - I'm not ashamed of it. I'm not ashamed of my age at all.

Thank goodness for good hair coloring product though - I am not ready to go gray!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,984,874 times
I'm fortunate enough to age very well. No one ever believes I'm 38 years old with seven children when they see me in person. I work out and eat right, but genetics plays a huge part for me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty