U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM

635 posts, read 1,616,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
That crap will only worsen your acne. You need to do a number of things: change your diet AND detox...like a total lymphatic detox (milk thistle, nettle etc works well along with certain fruits) because a good diet doesn't mean your system in clean, & your acne will remain. Dirty liver, clogged lymphatic nodes = bad acne.

Meantime...use tea tree oil (Jamieson's is great) to dab on spots, & use organic cleansers & apple cider vinegar.

FYI, my holistic doctor says anything with retin A is bad news, especially for women.
My husband is a dietician. I'm quite aware of milk thistle and all those happy little herbs that used to clutter our cabinet. I'm not a full fledged believer in holistic medicines - all the little herbs in the world aren't going to fight genes.

My genes are the problem. Melasma runs in the family, I watched my mother have it through my childhood and it went away when she finished menopause. Our family with our horrendous hormone-related conditions suffer melasma - all of us. The cystic acne is only underneath the two spots of melasma when I try to use a triple action hydroquinone/ steroid/ retin-A cream.

I gave up on all, now I look like I have two Hitler mustaches that slipped off to the side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,461,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I was telling my dermatologist I would like to get rid of some sun spots on my face and he prescribed Hydroquinone 4%. Has anyone used this with good results? Were the spots totally removed or just lightened? Did you continue to use after they were already lightened? He didn't explain how to apply. I started yesterday by washing face, applying to spots, waiting a few minutes and then applying moisturizer. Would you say this is the best way to use it? I didn't know if I should add moisturizer over the Hydroquinone.
I used this:
Hydroquinone Cream

I got it for free when I was subbed to that when I was having adult acne issues.

You are only suppose to use it for 3 months. If it doesn't work by then its not going to.

A guide on how to use it:
Hydroquinone (bleaching cream). DermNet NZ

You don't want to apply medicated products over it. Run your face lotion by your doctor to see if it cancels it out.

I had hyperpigmentation from acne that stuff + glycolic acid in my toner + proactive cleared it away.
It also cleared away my freckles and general blotchy thing I had going on.

Removal of those spots can be considered preventative care against skin cancer. Check your insurance provider and doctor to see if you qualify for that.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM

27,876 posts, read 17,807,026 times
Some real good information! I think my spots are from sun damage (I didn't know there was a difference), they only happen if I go out in sun without sun screen. So now I have so much sunscreen (from my BB cream, and moisturizer, etc.), that my face is a lot whiter than the rest of me. Honestly, I'm not going to apply sunscreen to my body every time I leave the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty