U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM

7,371 posts, read 12,356,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Who cares if you find it attractive? The whole point is to OWN & live with it, whether it is attractive or not... lots of physical traits aren't attractive, but if it's something you can't change, own it proudly! I find confidence to be very sexy, don't you?
*I* care if I find it attractive, and I don't find it attractive at all. No one really does. this is an internet forum; I am permitted to post an opinion that you may not like. I think cellulite is highly unattractive, that is my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM

28,265 posts, read 43,605,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
*I* care if I find it attractive, and I don't find it attractive at all. No one really does. this is an internet forum; I am permitted to post an opinion that you may not like. I think cellulite is highly unattractive, that is my opinion.
Of course you're "allowed" to voice your opinion - where did I say otherwise? You are still missing the point, and will probably miss the point of this response too... so while you are welcomed to post, I'd suggest trying to understand a thread before hopping in with your negativity. Or maybe you can explain what your original comment (or this one) has to do with the OP?

P.S. Never disagreed or said I didn't like your opinion. Again:

Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM

6,056 posts, read 7,993,273 times
I have some on my behind and I'm not overweight. It happens. It isn't my favorite, but it's not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Great link, thanks for sharing!

Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 AM

14,072 posts, read 20,209,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Of course you're "allowed" to voice your opinion - where did I say otherwise? You are still missing the point, and will probably miss the point of this response too... so while you are welcomed to post, I'd suggest trying to understand a thread before hopping in with your negativity. Or maybe you can explain what your original comment (or this one) has to do with the OP?

P.S. Never disagreed or said I didn't like your opinion. Again:

Don't bother, You'll just go in circles

Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM

151 posts, read 147,328 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself and please do it on the right forum

Most men know most women will have some sort of cellulite and do not pay too much attention to that. If you are lucky and have a skin complexion that hides your fat cells, good for you, but that alone doesn't make you more attractive. Cellulite is natural in women, if some men don't like it, there are plenty of tight skin boys waiting for men to come out of the closet.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,464,353 times
So now if you don't like cellulite you are gay?

Cellulite isn't a female issue only.
Men get it too.

I would like to see a poll on how many people have soft celly vs. hard.

Soft cellulite is rather easy to fix. Hard is not quite so easy but it can be helped with deep tissue massage.
Its a sign of poor circulation and body fluid pooling where it doesn't belong, which can happen for various reasons.

Anyone here with hard cellulite also have heart disease issues in the fam?

Just curious. Of the friends I know that have the hard cellulite they do have heart issues and tend to have the apple shape too.

I don't find it attractive. Unless its intense guys don't really seem to care but its not winning any positive points either.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:29 PM

3,053 posts, read 3,442,830 times
Quote:
I think cellulite is highly unattractive, that is my opinion.
I weigh 120 lbs and I have cellulite. Here is the proof.

Despite this disfiguring condition I have lived a normal and fullfilling life, and men do not run from me in horror.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM

3,053 posts, read 3,442,830 times
Cellulite seems a common part of female physiology.

Quote:
Cellulite is thought to occur in 80-90% of postpubertal females.[8][9] There appears to be a hormonal component to its presentation. It is rarely seen in males,[1] but is more common in males with androgen-deficient states, such as Klinefelter's syndrome, hypogonadism, postcastration states and in those patients receiving estrogen therapy for prostate cancer. The cellulite becomes more severe as the androgen deficiency worsens in these males
So it's not being a gross slob that contributes to having cellulite, it's simply having estrogen flowing through your blood.

Last edited by xxbabeechick; 12-17-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty