Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,271,914 times

Advertisements

I usually have them threaded and pluck in between. Mine grow strange. Downward. They are a bit difficult. I have to trim them to get them looking shapely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,596,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
I pluck (but try not to over-pluck!) the thick areas, and use a pencil that matches my hair to lightly fill in thin areas. When they look the way I want them to look, I brush a coat of *clear* mascara through them and smooth them them into place with my pinky finger. Then I use a Q-Tip to clean up any stray brush marks over and under the browline. They stay put all day! I also use a natural (skin color) eye shadow (or one with a little sparkle) directly under the browline; it really helps define the brow.
And you go through this process every day before you go to work?

That's insane.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,596,964 times
I hope you women who go to all this effort, expense, and pain to get your eyebrows to the shape you want them are doing it entirely to please yourselves or other women, because you should know that except in very extreme circumstances men don't notice and don't care.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM

29,676 posts, read 34,195,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I hope you women who go to all this effort, expense, and pain to get your eyebrows to the shape you want them are doing it entirely to please yourselves or other women, because you should know that except in very extreme circumstances men don't notice and don't care.
Because if dudes don't care, it's not worth doing, right ladies?

And I'm sure most people notice, even if they don't think they do. See Susan Boyle, before and after: Susan Boyle Makeover » The Image Architect | The Image Architect

Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM

22,346 posts, read 47,330,926 times
I pluck, very lightly.
I chose to keep my brows thicker than some, and that has served me well in my old age. My brows still look good, my contemporaries have thin/non-existent brows now.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,035,304 times
I prefer thread over wax because some salons don't practice clean technique with handling the wax. Threading hurts but I only need to do it every 6 weeks or so. In between I maintain with plucking. My eyebrows are thick and can get unruly.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,684,790 times
I have done it all and just stick with plucking. Maybe a honey wax every once in awhile to get the baby fine hairs off all at once. It really lifts the eye. I comb and trim a bit too. Its rather painless when you do it on well hydrated skin right after a shower.

Styling depends on hair color/cut.

I just darkened my hair so I fill them in with a bit of powder/wax or darken with a swipe of neosporin if I just plucked. Comb through to place and set. I always draw a darker color on the bottom of the brow and slightly lighter color to fill. Blend. Its a very slight difference but it really makes your eyes pop. If you look evil...you went too dark. LOL ;p
I think the elf studio brow sets are a nice inexpensive brow filler. The color difference from the powder to the wax is good for the technique described above. I use the wax (darker) for the line and brush it up into the body of the brow. Takes about a minute.

The neo swipe actually works really well for a quickie groomed brow. I know some people use vaseline but that always clogs my pores. Neo keeps any bumps away. OTC Neo is not safe for your eyeballs so make sure you get the kind that is, or that it won't be rubbed into your eye. I barely use any. just a glossy finger tip not a gloop or anything. Vaseline is safe though.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,965,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Because if dudes don't care, it's not worth doing, right ladies?

And I'm sure most people notice, even if they don't think they do. See Susan Boyle, before and after: Susan Boyle Makeover » The Image Architect | The Image Architect
Obviously. My entire life is based around what men will and won't notice

And I agree if I go from undone brows to reshaped (typically they aren't that much of a mess for anyone to notice) and especially when I get them dyed. People notice, but they can't tell what it is. I usually get, did you cut your hair or wow your makeup looks great today or some other comment, but it's the brows that are different. Good brows make you look pulled together and awake.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM

48,407 posts, read 34,563,252 times
12x magnification mirror and and tweezerman slant tip tweezer, ain't nothing getting by me!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,271,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
12x magnification mirror and and tweezerman slant tip tweezer, ain't nothing getting by me!
Love that tweezer!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty