U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,899,330 times

Advertisements

I think that many people do age well, meaning that they are still physically attractive well into old age and still resemble their younger selfs. I think people can be attractive at any age. Others are not so fortunate. I'm in my early 50s and I've shown pictures of myself when I was in my early to late 30s to friends who didn't know me then and have been told more than once, "I don't recognize you at all". And it's true, when I look in the mirror I bear no resemblence to what I looked like even 10 years ago. Bad genes I guess. But, luckily I'm in good physical health, even if I look old as dirt. Too many friends my age and yournger are dead, living with cancer, or chronic pain. So yeah, my "glory days" are behind me and nobody gives me a second glance anymore, but I have my health and do my best to maintain it. Aging sucks -- eventually we lose it all but, it's part of life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM

1,411 posts, read 2,006,984 times
I am not even sure it's as thought out as age=death/mortality.

In modern culture, sex appeal diminishes with age, beginning as early as 30 (judging from opinions I've encountered) and one is basically involuntarily off the market by 50.

Further, modern American culture does not celebrate age or experience. Our older people aren't considered fonts of wisdom. They're needy. They're annoying. They are out-dated and increasingly irrelevant at best or senile incompetents at worst.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 AM

2 posts, read 612 times
Default Anti Aging Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's crazy, I'm not just talking about on this site(even though its prevalent here). We all age and that's a part of life but people get angry when you say or even insist that. Both males and females. Like how dare you say I'm not going to look as good at 45 then I do now at 23. It's kind of sad in away. I'm a fairly attractive 25 year old man who pulls good looking 19-27 year olds but I'm not stupid enough to think that when I'm 55 I will

A.look as good physically
B.will be able to get the same women in that age bracket.

It's highly unlikely, But I accept that. To use a sports metaphor I'm not going to be Michael jordan(when he was 40 and playin on the wizards) and think he's still as good as he was at 25.

And speaking of MJ, when met with a young 22 year old Kobe Bryant this happened

Kobe Bryant 42 points at half vs Jordan (55 total) 2002-03 - YouTube
"Sometimes people get wrinkles before the proper age so they have to use Anti Aging Products. There is nothing wrong in this. A number of good companies available in market for the Anti Aging Products. I have purchased Anti Aging Products as well from White Lotus Anti Aging. I have found this company 100% genuine. "

Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,338,963 times
Aging is not just about skin care,posture plays a big part inhow you look. No amount of lotions and potions are going to stop your body from ageing, it is not the end of the world.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 AM

41,166 posts, read 32,846,148 times
Aging beats the alternative.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:24 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,338,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Aging beats the alternative.
Sure does, seeing that I'm closer to the end than the beginning.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 PM

13,295 posts, read 12,365,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Why do people get so offended about the thought of Aging?
No idea. You can get older, or you can die.

I'll take the former.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty