U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,539,625 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used the Clarisonic? I was looking at the Plus model, but it's rather pricey. If you've used it, what do you think? Or have you tried a similar product?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 PM

2,700 posts, read 5,154,083 times
I have a Clarisonic Mia, but I don't really use it much these days. Depending on your skin, it can be aggressive to use it too frequently (although picking the right head will help; I switched to the delicate head, and that's much gentler to my skin). My primary skin issue is dryness, especially at this time of the year, so I'm hesitant to do anything too stripping.

My favorite place to use it my Clarisonic Mia, is on my hands, especially over my fingernails.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,404,892 times
I have a Sirius Skinsonic. I haven't had it very long, but I'm happy with it so far. The reviews I read made me feel comfortable it was comparable to the Clarisonic model. I had been eyeing a Mia but the $200 is just a bit too much for me, and the skinsonic is only $35, which is much easier on the budget. I can't really compare it to a Clarisonic, but I'd say it's worth looking into.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,281,421 times
has anyone noticed a difference in their skin before and after this product?

Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM

4,615 posts, read 6,118,415 times
I got the Mia for Christmas two years ago and have used it every day since then (with replacement brushes as needed).

My skin type requires a lot of exfoliation in order to look good, so using the Mia has made a huge difference.

When I skip a few days, my skin starts to accumulate a layer of dead skin cells that I can feel (and considered normal before I started using the Mia).

I will definitely buy another one when this one dies.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
I have the Pretika and I love it as a much less expensive alternative to the Clarisonic. I found mine at TJMaxx for $29.99. It has worked wonders in minimizing my pores. And I use mine with Murad products.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,539,625 times
Thanks for the help, everyone. My skin needs help. I have large pores on and around my nose. I get dry skin but it's also oily, too, if that makes any sense, and at 44 I need to really start taking better care of it.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Thanks for the help, everyone. My skin needs help. I have large pores on and around my nose. I get dry skin but it's also oily, too, if that makes any sense, and at 44 I need to really start taking better care of it.
My Pretika really helped with minimizing pores.

First I steam my face. Then used the Pretika with Murad Refreshing Cleanser (for combination skin). Followed by the T-Zone pore refining gel. Then moisturized with the Skin Perfecting Lotion.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM

944 posts, read 769,779 times
Try the Aztek clay mask (Amazon) for pores. I have huge pores, but the day after using this mask helps shrink my pores tremendously at least for a week. It's only temporarily, but I haven't found anything that helps with my pores on a permanaent basis. I read somewhere that photographers have their models wear this mask the night before their photoshoots because it really helps shrink pores.

I also recently started home chemical peels and am anxious to see how they work.

Anyway, back to subject...I have the Mia and like it. I use it everynight when I wear makeup for the day. I use their most gentle brush and that helps.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
Try the Aztek clay mask (Amazon) for pores. I have huge pores, but the day after using this mask helps shrink my pores tremendously at least for a week. It's only temporarily, but I haven't found anything that helps with my pores on a permanaent basis. I read somewhere that photographers have their models wear this mask the night before their photoshoots because it really helps shrink pores.

I also recently started home chemical peels and am anxious to see how they work.

Anyway, back to subject...I have the Mia and like it. I use it everynight when I wear makeup for the day. I use their most gentle brush and that helps.
I love this too! I mix mine with ACV and it works wonders on the skin. You can also find it at Sprouts, The Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, etc.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty