U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,423,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Eh. I was picturing horrid disfigurement.

I like raised lines on tattoos. Adds to the beauty of some of them.

Mine don't have raised lines in them, but my artist is exceptional. And I pay for it.
It can get bad on some people. Some people even with it done right can develop keloids or reaction to ink that cause distortion of the lines or ink blow out. S.O.'s artist is out of state and he travels to get his work done for the same reason. Not all artists are created equal. He had coverup done over bad work. You can feel it but you can't see it with the good work over it. The scars from the bad work have been fading too.
Its a full upper body chest piece cover up two messed up pectoral paired images. I can't even tell it was a cover up unless I look really close like I was leveling shelving or something. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 05:05 PM

33,057 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
It can get bad on some people. Some people even with it done right can develop keloids or reaction to ink that cause distortion of the lines or ink blow out. S.O.'s artist is out of state and he travels to get his work done for the same reason. Not all artists are created equal. He had coverup done over bad work. You can feel it but you can't see it with the good work over it. The scars from the bad work have been fading too.
Its a full upper body chest piece cover up two messed up pectoral paired images. I can't even tell it was a cover up unless I look really close like I was leveling shelving or something. LOL
My cover up is the same. Nobody knows it even when I try to point it out unless they had spent years seeing me with the old one.

I've seen allergic reactions to tattoo ink. Scary stuff.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 AM

260 posts, read 369,625 times
For some reason everyone is talking about coverups. I want it gone but maybe I should wait til the technology is better.
I've had laser treatments on my face before and nothing could be worse than that so I think I could handle it as it's on my arm.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,423,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckgrl View Post
For some reason everyone is talking about coverups. I want it gone but maybe I should wait til the technology is better.
I've had laser treatments on my face before and nothing could be worse than that so I think I could handle it as it's on my arm.

LOL...if you had that I wouldn't worry at all.

Face vs. arm....so would be afraid of the face thing myself over the arm.

Worst case is you can end up with a scar. But the work will be gone.
You can always go over the scar with fresh work too.

Just curious if you ever tried any of those fade creams on it.
I never heard good reviews on any of them.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,520,978 times
I have seen someone who used those creams... not too good.

Nothing is raised on my cover-up and you cannot tell there was ever another tattoo beneath it.

I think a lot of it may have to do with the type of skin a person has.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 PM

3,111 posts, read 6,742,633 times
Creams are not going to remove or fade a tattoo.

A cover up has to be larger than the original tattoo.

I had some removed, and it is very painful and costly. Black ink is the easiest to remove. Greens and blues take a lot longer. The older the tattoo is, the quicker it will be removed.

You should go for a free estimate, then make your choice.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM

472 posts, read 884,506 times
Depending on the size, I had tattoo excision. Mine were tiny stars on the outside of my wrist that were a botched job. I went to a local plastic surgeon, he used local anesthesia and cut it right out,stitched it out, and sent me on my way. I have a faint scar that's hardly noticeable. I thought about laser but I figured it cost the same for the excision and I wouldn't have to wait a year for it to be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty