Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
But then I am not a woman who seems to halfway wish she were a man; that may appeal to some women, that's their choice. "I enjoy being a girl"
Good grief, so now you're not a woman unless you douse yourself with chemicals?!?

I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
I love perfumes and body sprays. I also like cologne on guys. I know the smell is not natural, it's just a boost for people I guess, like putting on makeup. However I think most perfumes are outrageously priced, and that this is why people steal them, and why they have to keep it locked up at stores. It's really pathetic if you ask me.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I've been to France. Deodorant is necessary even when you're not exercising.
Aren't you the one who doesn't believe in showering every day

Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I love perfumes and body sprays. I also like cologne on guys. I know the smell is not natural, it's just a boost for people I guess, like putting on makeup. However I think most perfumes are outrageously priced, and that this is why people steal them, and why they have to keep it locked up at stores. It's really pathetic if you ask me.
That's kind of one thing I find silly about them, how overpriced they are. What do they even put in their, probably cheap nasty chemicals that are possibly tested on animals. The Chanel ad with Brad Pitt, waxing philosophical about perfume, was cheesier than Wisconsin.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Most of it is crap! I agree with you!!

There are natural scents (musk oils, etc.) which when intermingled with the natural BO will produce an enhanced/better smelling body odor.

Most women smell like crap, because they load themselves up with a bunch of alcohol based stink.

What it tends to produce in most men is a sneeze rather than a turn on.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I actually like scents, but I generally DON'T like the artificial, chemical stench of most perfume...I don't mind the more natural stuff, but I honestly think a lot of stuff is just marketing. They create demand to sell products we don't need that damage the environment. Even deoderant or anti-perspirant. Unless you have really bad BO just have a shower after you exercise or get all sweaty! You don't need to spray it on every day or something.

We were designed to be attracted to natural scents anyway. Since when has a scent really made you more popular with the opposite sex?
Good Lord. You must be French, correct?

I have very sensitive skin so I use a salt-based deodorant that is 100% natural and has no scent whatsoever. It is hardly "bad for the environment" as you claim. I do use good cologne after shaving, however. The alcohol in it stops my face from breaking out and my wife loves the smell of it.

BTW: Smelling "natural" (i.e. "going sasquatch") isn't going to get you very far with the ladies, your co-workers or your family, for that matter. Body odour, garlic, onions and curry are not perfume scents for good reason!

Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
If I don't use antiperspirant, I smell like BO in about 2 hours after I shoewer.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Aren't you the one who doesn't believe in showering every day
Absolutely, but I'm also the one who scoffs at silly complaints about "chemicals" or "unnatural" scents in our products. When will people realize that everything they come in contact with, whether natural or man made, is chemical? And most "natural" products are still very much manipulation a beyond the "natural" state?

A quick swipe of deodorant hardly compares to a one to three shower a day habit.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I recently watched "Perfume: the story of a murderer" and it gives you an interesting look at the power of scent. It's also creepy and bizarre as ****.
Wasn't that the weirdest thing ever? I read the book too so double creepy!

I enjoy a nice, pleasant scent and only wear perfume when I know I'm not going to be too up close and personal with people who may not appreciate it. I wear perfume to bed for me, it's aromatherapy.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 AM

151 posts, read 183,104 times
When I was younger I used to like some and would wear them sometimes. the good old days

Now I can't stand crap. I hate them all because they make me sick, i feel like vomiting, my throat gets sore and I get headaches.

i hate perfumes, colognes, air fresheners, lotions, after shaves. I wish people realized that some of us are not just being pricks, we are in pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty