U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 AM

11,432 posts, read 19,443,622 times

Advertisements

I'm a janitor, and frankly, after dealing with stinky garbage chutes and filthy stuff all day, coming home to a warm shower and adding a little scent is NICE.

But I've been around the dousers -- and I don't do that. A couple spritzes in the air and then walk into it settles the fragrance all over very lightly. People that say anything about my perfume are very close... and I can smell it on my shirt if I stick my nose down the collar....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 AM

2,986 posts, read 3,156,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
If I don't use antiperspirant, I smell like BO in about 2 hours after I shoewer.
Apparently some of the hippies commenting on this thread think the reek of bad BO is the cat's ass. Of course, hippies weren't exactly known for exceptional personal hygeine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Fake smells of any sort are pointless, on a person or in a house.
What exactly is a "fake" smell, anyways? Are you trying to say that you'd prefer your house smelling of stale air or general mustiness as opposed to a vanilla scented candle?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:58 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,718,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Are you trying to say that you'd prefer your house smelling of stale air or general mustiness as opposed to a vanilla scented candle?
People prefer musty? I was unaware of that!
I am not trying (trying?, really?) to say I prefer that at all. If that is what I meant, that is what I would say.

There is middle ground between mustiness and unnatural scents, you know.
I prefer fresh, cleaned, with the scent of homemade foods.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:01 AM

151 posts, read 146,787 times
Quote:

What exactly is a "fake" smell, anyways? Are you trying to say that you'd prefer your house smelling of stale air or general mustiness as opposed to a vanilla scented candle?
A clean house should not smell like stale air or general mustiness but if if it does, yes I prefer that smell over a migraine. Also those homes where candles are used often, those candles sometimes leave an old candle smell in the air. The candle scents get absorbed by the furniture, walls, curtains and don't go away that easily.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM

5,324 posts, read 7,661,073 times
Quote:

I don't think most homes smell unpleasant unless someone smokes inside. If your home smells musty there might be a mold or mildew issue.

I have been inside homes that have too many candles, sometimes a different scent in each room. To me the overpowering fake smells can be almost sickening.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:29 PM

5,324 posts, read 7,661,073 times
The worst smell is when a smoker sprays on fragrance to cover up the odor of cigarette smoke. The combination of smoke and perfume is truly sickening.

I've had coworkers who smoke and don't want anyone to know that they are taking smoke breaks. So they spray on the perfume and think it cancels out the smoke odor.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,149,377 times
I prefer the natural scent of a man also. I didn't know it was mustiness? I thought they were known as pheromones. They're an aphrodisiac.

I don't know if I have a natural scent. I can't smell it myself so I usually just spray a little perfume on my pulse points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty