U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 AM

9,128 posts, read 11,666,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's his misguided attempt to brand himself, when all he's doing is making himself look ridiculous. Doesn't he know that only an idiot wears his hat indoors?
According to your customs it's Idiotic , but you sound like the type that must demand that everybody comfort to your standards ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 AM

9,128 posts, read 11,666,599 times
Oooh I know he probably thinks that he looks better with his hat on , could that be it...?

Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,122,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Well, I've dated a bald dude but he wasn't loosing hair. It was his choice to go bald and shave his hair off. Honestly, I am very picky when it comes to guys hair. I have never dated one who is bald because of hairloss. So I guess it is a dealbreaker. But, he is such a great guy. Maybe his great qualities will stand out more.
Yea, you definitely don't want him to be bald. You need to just ask him. Be like, "hmm, I just realized that I've never seen you without a hat". You don't want to keep this going and find out you've been dating a bald guy. WORSE, a bald guy who wants to deceive you or is insecure.

However, if he takes off his hat and he's got a full head of hair, you can continue the conversation. Be like "you have great hair, why do you cover it up all the time?" If you're curious about it, you should find out. You are dating him and it's not too personal at this point.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I knew of a guy who was older than me who had alopecia totalis. He wore a baseball cap as a kid. Once he was ready to go collegiate, he starting wearing wigs, dropped the baseball cap, added on a mustache, and looked like a baseball player. He was constantly bragging about how much sex he could get. I wonder if he ever got one of those more permanent hair pieces. I'm sure that, in the throes of passion, some girl in college could have pulled off, or moved, his wig. I always felt as though his bragging about conquests was to counterbalance how much teasing he received as a child.

Most guys who wear hats do so for hair recession.
My hubby does.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:20 AM

951 posts, read 1,747,137 times
My guess would be that he's starting to lose his hair, and he hasn't come to accept it yet or find a way to deal with it (i.e. by finding a different haircut that makes it less obvious where he is losing hair, or by getting hair transplants, etc). Believe it or not, guys can start to go bald in their 20s. I used to get my hair cut by a guy in his late 20s or early 30s, and he was losing his hair. He actually used that spray-on hair stuff (Toppik?) sometimes to try to fill in the areas that were thinning and make his hairline look less receding. I tend to wear a baseball cap on days that I don't wash my hair, because I find it harder to style when it isn't washed.

I think if he felt that you weren't turned off by the fact that his hairline might be receding or his hair is getting thinner that he'd be more comfortable showing himself hatless when he's around you. Maybe you could mention some male actors that are losing their hair (Donnie Wahlberg or Jason Statham,for example) who you still think look good, or guys who wear their hair very short, such as Derek Jeter. He might be inclined to cut his hair in a similar way then, if he thinks that you like that.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM

837 posts, read 2,496,069 times
A man with hat is man with style, if that bothers you, go with some one else...

Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM

19,643 posts, read 13,276,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Yes he changed the subject and wore the hat at the table. I was thinking maybe hes hiding something. It made me want to find out sooner. He's a really cool guy. We get along really great. He respects me. He treats me really well. I was sick the other day and he offered to buy medicine for me. Even when I was coughing, he invited me to grab dinner if I was hungry. He said he would risk getting sick just to see me. He never attempted to have sex. We have kissed and that's about it. So my point is, I'm not sure what to do if hes a guy who is balding. I can't dump him because of that but I don't think I would still feel the same attraction. But maybe I could overlook it considering hes such a nice person.

Good Lord you're shallow.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:03 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,145,186 times
This thread needs a theme song!

TLC Hat 2 Da Back - Official Video - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,122,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Good Lord you're shallow.
I wouldn't go as far as calling her the good lord or calling her shallow. It's human nature. Balding is hereditary.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM

19,273 posts, read 20,151,367 times
I wear a hat in the winter because it's cold outside. I wear a ballcap in the summer to keep the sun out of my eyes.

And I always wear a turkey on my head at Christmas time.

Mr. Bean Video - Mr. Bean with a turkey on his head - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty