Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Idk, he's only 29.
I thought you were like 14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 PM

73 posts, read 161,412 times
One word shallow....you are...its no big deal. Most people are. Accept it an move on. Just dont be surprised nor crushed when you finally have your first child and your shallow husband realizes your body is difigured and he should not have to except your imperfections and moves on because he is no longer attracted to you. Or you can take the hand of a man ....not a boy. Who truly will love you no matter what your status or appearance and spend the rest of your lives truly in love with the person, not the image.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM

NJbest if you are from NJ it makes sense.

If you watch the Jersey shore you know that shallow drunken woman with a ton of make up, who are complete slobs and men who are so insecure they feel the need to use steroids and excessively tan to feel better about being inadaquit (sp)...... you know where. Are they good looking yes , but Id put them in a column with scum of the earth. A man who thinks any woman that does not meet their standards is a HIPPO and should be tossed aside like garbage , and woman who believe juice heads are awesome even though they treat them like pond scum. Do not get any sympathy from me as they cry theirselves to sleep at night.

Attraction is a package , bald, fat, stretch marks, flat, small, big, ugly, cute ,cheese (you know), firm, rich, poor, tall , short, personality, robot, smart , dumb, .

I cant tell you how many of my friends who are girls who went strickly based apon looks and are currently either divorsed or miserable. Everything is amazing on bachelor/bachelorette. But when reality sets in , the soul is where your connection will be.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Well, I've dated a bald dude but he wasn't loosing hair. It was his choice to go bald and shave his hair off. Honestly, I am very picky when it comes to guys hair. I have never dated one who is bald because of hairloss. So I guess it is a dealbreaker. But, he is such a great guy. Maybe his great qualities will stand out more.
maybe his hairline is receding,,,,but after seeing what you wrote, do you blame the guy for not taking it off ?? if its a "dealbreaker"?

if you really want him to take it off, try this, have someone take your picture of just the two of you , and then say, I want a pic, with the hat off,,,and thats it, he'll take it off

Ive had friends - shallow guys, who just want arm candy or trophy, always in relationships, that dont last, these are the guys that are control freaks...all hung up on looks and thats it...

now yellow, you have alot of folks on here that are much older than you on here, which means we have all made mistakes and then some- you can learn from us,,, a good partner brings out the best in us, not puts us down for what we are not-
so if he treats you decent, respects you, has many great qualities, if you are the decent person in return, the hairloss wouldnt bother you.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM5 View Post
According to this, 99% of women should not be dating then. When women wear makeup to make them self's look better and hide there flaws because there insecure about there face, skin etc. The majority of women will not go anywhere without some form of makeup on, even go as far as to go to bed with makeup on so there partner will not see what they really look like.
I've dated a lot of women and none were as you describe. Sure, they wore makeup out to dinner but they didn't wear makeup on every single date. When it's normal to go sans makeup, they do it. On hiking dates or dates to the beach, the makeup is left at home.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Jersey and fili --- you guys (?) are cracking me up!

I just hope neither of you would demand that I shave my mustache so that you could see that there was nothing amiss with my philtrum.
If you're a girl, I would suggest you do something about your mustache.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnut View Post
NJbest if you are from NJ it makes sense.

If you watch the Jersey shore you know that shallow drunken woman with a ton of make up, who are complete slobs and men who are so insecure they feel the need to use steroids and excessively tan to feel better about being inadaquit (sp)...... you know where. Are they good looking yes , but Id put them in a column with scum of the earth. A man who thinks any woman that does not meet their standards is a HIPPO and should be tossed aside like garbage , and woman who believe juice heads are awesome even though they treat them like pond scum. Do not get any sympathy from me as they cry theirselves to sleep at night.

Attraction is a package , bald, fat, stretch marks, flat, small, big, ugly, cute ,cheese (you know), firm, rich, poor, tall , short, personality, robot, smart , dumb, .

I cant tell you how many of my friends who are girls who went strickly based apon looks and are currently either divorsed or miserable. Everything is amazing on bachelor/bachelorette. But when reality sets in , the soul is where your connection will be.
I don't watch Jersey Shore. It's made for a different kind of audience. Looks like you enjoy it based on your knowledge of it. If you're trying to make some correlation between the cast and people of NJ, then you should pay a little closer attention since most the cast of the Jersey Shore aren't even from NJ.

We're talking about insecurity here, not looks. There's nothing wrong with being bald... but what's the deal with hiding it from someone you're dating (if that's what he's doing... we don't know). At this point, it's perfectly fine for the OP to be curious as to why he always wears a hat. He could just have sensitive eyes and need to block out sun.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM

If you are aware of the audience type you must have tuned in at some point. Also, Jersey state is dependent upon the residents of New york and Pa , which also reside predominantly in the state.

If you knew anything about psychology , you would be aware of the fact that insecurity and looks go hand and hand.

I dont think anyone had a problem with her curiosity.

Last edited by fishnut; 12-18-2012 at 08:54 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
I've gone out on dates with this guy who always wears a hat. He's cute, nice and respectful but I wonder why he always wears a hat every time we hang out. Should I ask him why or would that sound disrespectful? Any ideas?
Is the hat a ball cap? If so, I would have ditched him after the first date. If he is wearing something else, like a beanie, then clearly he must be a kid. If you really like him, ask him. Hopefully he is just blissfully clueless about how to dress. Educate him.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Oh my god....it was a ball cap. How appalling, do these people walk amongst us. I cant imagine my daughter ever dating a guy who likes to wear a ball cap....who cares about character .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty