U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnut View Post
If you are aware of the audience type you must have tuned in at some point. Also, Jersey state is dependent upon the residents of New york and Pa , which also reside predominantly in the state.

If you knew anything about psychology , you would be aware of the fact that insecurity and looks go hand and hand.

I dont think anyone had a problem with her curiosity.
Actually, NJ's residents have a larger impact on NYC's GDP than NY residents have on NJ's GDP. NJ supports a lot of PA's residents, so yes, there's an interdependent relationship there. We need their residents, they need our jobs. Either way, NJ, NY, and PA are all great states. Could you imagine where states like Mississippi and South Carolina would be without the welfare support they receive from these great states? I'm proud to live in a state that does no depend on other states to survive. But you're taking this way offtopic.

I'm familiar with psychology. I've studies AM in great detail. The reality is that we don't know it has to do with looks. Insecurity does not have to do with looks. Consider a baby with a security blanket. The baby doesn't require the blanket because he/she feels like they look better with it. They require the blanket because they feel insecure without it. It makes them feel secure and safe. Maybe this guys hat is his blanket. If so, then there's some psychology issues as that is not reasonable behavior of an adult man.

Maybe no one had a problem with her curiosity. But many of you have a problem with her inquiring why he never takes off his hat. Something that is reasonable for someone in a relationship to find out.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,437,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Actually, NJ's residents have a larger impact on NYC's GDP than NY residents have on NJ's GDP. NJ supports a lot of PA's residents, so yes, there's an interdependent relationship there. We need their residents, they need our jobs. Either way, NJ, NY, and PA are all great states. Could you imagine where states like Mississippi and South Carolina would be without the welfare support they receive from these great states? I'm proud to live in a state that does no depend on other states to survive. But you're taking this way offtopic.

I'm familiar with psychology. I've studies AM in great detail. The reality is that we don't know it has to do with looks. Insecurity does not have to do with looks. Consider a baby with a security blanket. The baby doesn't require the blanket because he/she feels like they look better with it. They require the blanket because they feel insecure without it. It makes them feel secure and safe. Maybe this guys hat is his blanket. If so, then there's some psychology issues as that is not reasonable behavior of an adult man.

Maybe no one had a problem with her curiosity. But many of you have a problem with her inquiring why he never takes off his hat. Something that is reasonable for someone in a relationship to find out.
If they were "in a relationship" she would have the answer. They aren't, she's deciding whether he's worth her time, because she may not like what she sees under the hat. That is just sad. Maybe he has been told he looks good in hats. Maybe he has a scar. Maybe he got a bad haircut.
I wonder what he would think of her, if he knew she went online to ask what others think about him wearing a hat - and what she should do about it.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I've gone out on dates with this guy who always wears a hat. He's cute, nice and respectful but I wonder why he always wears a hat every time we hang out. Should I ask him why or would that sound disrespectful? Any ideas?
I'm guessing that he wants to impress you with his good looks, but has thinning hair. Just a guess. You could ask him.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 AM

2,135 posts, read 3,531,271 times
I'm a man. I don't where a hat, but I know other guys who wear hats. My dad and a fellow co-worker. My dad always wear it...always. He has probably 15 hats to choose from. He has a full head of hair...noone in my family is balding or has a receding hairline. He just wears it....like someone else said its is like make up for a woman.

I've seen women wear the same fricken necklace or earing for weeks or months at a time. Doesn't mean their douchebags, let people have some character my god.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 AM

11,686 posts, read 13,074,643 times
Quote:
I've gone out on dates with this guy who always wears a hat. He's cute, nice and respectful but I wonder why he always wears a hat every time we hang out. Should I ask him why or would that sound disrespectful? Any ideas?
Start by explaining that for some weird reason you have a problem with his wearing a hat, and then ask him why.

I mean, he's "cute, nice and respectful" and you have ants in your pants about a hat!!!! Consider yourself very lucky you found a guy like this.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:11 PM

313 posts, read 507,980 times
Just an update, I finally saw him without a hat today. He took it off for me. People here who said that he was balding and has a receding hairline were right. Now, I don't know how to tell him that I don't find him attractive without his hat on. People here may say I'm shallow but I don't think I can be intimate with someone I'm not attracted to. I'm thinking of stop seeing him to not waste his time but I don't know how to tell him. He seemed to be so into me and has been treating me so well. I don't know how to say it in a way that he won't get hurt.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM

2,135 posts, read 3,531,271 times
That's real shallow. You didn't even know he was losing hair...now its time to kick him to the curb. I'll be glad if I never meet you in real life. Just because he is losing hair doesn't mean he turned hideous. My god, give the guy a break. He obviously likes you and was embarrased.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 PM

2,562 posts, read 2,127,789 times
Probably suited to tell him that you aren't physically attracted to him as well as ignore the posters calling you shallow as most likely this guy approached you or considered you because he was attracted to you. Guys tend to only approach gals they are attracted to so it'd be highly unlikely for him to be in your position to consider being a partner to someone he isn't attracted to.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:14 PM

39,008 posts, read 37,656,456 times
Quote:
Just an update, I finally saw him without a hat today. He took it off for me. People here who said that he was balding and has a receding hairline were right. Now, I don't know how to tell him that I don't find him attractive without his hat on. People here may say I'm shallow but I don't think I can be intimate with someone I'm not attracted to. I'm thinking of stop seeing him to not waste his time but I don't know how to tell him. He seemed to be so into me and has been treating me so well. I don't know how to say it in a way that he won't get hurt.
Yep, I knew it.

I saw your other thread. Those who call you shallow are kind of right, except they need to remember that they ALL have turnoffs.

He looks different without his hat, and he can't wear the hat all the time, for the rest of his life. It's like a pacifier!! He needs to get over it now, find a flattering hairstyle and learn to live without the hat. It's the same things as the moment a guy takes off his boots and you realize he is 2 inches shorter than you. Sorry, but IT CHANGES THINGS.

I mean, if a woman wore a wig and then turned out to look completely different without it, a guy might have second thoughts about dating her.

I don't blame you; you need to listen to your instincts. Break it off now if you really are turned off.

Next time, don't date a guy who won't remove his hat at some point in the first 24 hours.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:19 PM

13,295 posts, read 12,341,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Next time, don't date a guy who won't remove his hat at some point in the first 24 hours.
24hours divided by 5 dates = 4.8 hours per date

She probably hasn't known him 24 hours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty