U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM

368 posts, read 464,433 times

Advertisements

Hiding a receding hairline maybe lol.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 02:25 PM

5,495 posts, read 4,402,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Just an update, I finally saw him without a hat today. He took it off for me. People here who said that he was balding and has a receding hairline were right. Now, I don't know how to tell him that I don't find him attractive without his hat on. People here may say I'm shallow but I don't think I can be intimate with someone I'm not attracted to. I'm thinking of stop seeing him to not waste his time but I don't know how to tell him. He seemed to be so into me and has been treating me so well. I don't know how to say it in a way that he won't get hurt.
Hey it's reality -- but it's your shallow reality. Now go and learn how not to condition your mind with such shallow trivialities and one day you may actually land the person you think you deserve. It is amazing how powerful a receding hairline can be - all of the great things you said of him were crushed by it and tossed aside. How is it that such great character qualities are superceded by a simple physical trait?

I am sure, one day, you will find the perfect person for YOU! But hey at least your faults are hidden only to be discovered in time and circumstance when the allegorical hat is lifted off of your allegorical head.

Good Luck!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,443,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Just an update, I finally saw him without a hat today. He took it off for me. People here who said that he was balding and has a receding hairline were right. Now, I don't know how to tell him that I don't find him attractive without his hat on. People here may say I'm shallow but I don't think I can be intimate with someone I'm not attracted to. I'm thinking of stop seeing him to not waste his time but I don't know how to tell him. He seemed to be so into me and has been treating me so well. I don't know how to say it in a way that he won't get hurt.
Tell him "I should have told you this sooner, but I'm just not feeling a connection. I don't see a future together, so I think it's best we part ways now". "I'm sorry, cause you seem like a really nice guy, but I'm not the one for you". And leave.
The longer you wait, the harder it will get, and that's not fair to him.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,137,778 times
You're getting a lot of backlash for being "shallow", etc. I would ignore them. It doesn't make sense for you to date someone you aren't attracted to. And there's no reason why you should have to pass a hereditary disorder down to your children if you don't want to. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,443,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
That's real shallow. You didn't even know he was losing hair...now its time to kick him to the curb. I'll be glad if I never meet you in real life. Just because he is losing hair doesn't mean he turned hideous. My god, give the guy a break. He obviously likes you and was embarrased.
Agree, the guy needs to be more selective in the future, & start looking for someone more mature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty