U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,444,169 times

Advertisements

I have a close friend who also always wears some kind of hat. He's just as handsome without it as he is with it. I personally like a man in a hat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:22 AM

203 posts, read 421,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Actually I did one time.
He was playing in this celebrity b-ball game on ESPN.

I should of known dude was bald. What I don't understand is why do people see being bald as such a bad thing for men?
I think television is the primary reason balding men are not taken seriously. I can't think of any sitcom that has a balding man as a strong type. Here lately with some reality tv shows like "Pawn Stars" that have bald men in a lead character role that may help change the way bald/balding men are thought of in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Possibly he's bald, has a receding hairline, or he has thinning hair. In my experience most guys are too into fashion to wear a signature accessory so they're usually concealing something such as a guy in my class who always wore a hat and when he asked me out I knocked his hat off revealing a receding hairline. I laughed my butt off while walking away.

Perhaps if you don't want to offend him or be disrespectful then playfully ask him if you can wear his hat or if you can see him without his hat on.
Disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Yes he changed the subject and wore the hat at the table. I was thinking maybe hes hiding something. It made me want to find out sooner. He's a really cool guy. We get along really great. He respects me. He treats me really well. I was sick the other day and he offered to buy medicine for me. Even when I was coughing, he invited me to grab dinner if I was hungry. He said he would risk getting sick just to see me. He never attempted to have sex. We have kissed and that's about it. So my point is, I'm not sure what to do if hes a guy who is balding. I can't dump him because of that but I don't think I would still feel the same attraction. But maybe I could overlook it considering hes such a nice person.
I think you should definitely see where this could go. As time goes on couples tend to see less flaws in each other anyway. Eventually he won't be the "balding" boyfriend, he will be the "brings me soup, buys me medicine, treats me well" boyfriend. It sounds like he is a super guy. Plus, you already know what you can get him as a Christmas gift!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 AM

2,562 posts, read 2,128,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I hope you're kidding.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
You're a monster!
Egh unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsaustin View Post
Disgusting.
Different emotions and opinions as mine were Amusing.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 AM

1,361 posts, read 1,349,443 times
Quote:
Possibly he's bald, has a receding hairline, or he has thinning hair. In my experience most guys are too into fashion to wear a signature accessory so they're usually concealing something such as a guy in my class who always wore a hat and when he asked me out I knocked his hat off revealing a receding hairline. I laughed my butt off while walking away.

Perhaps if you don't want to offend him or be disrespectful then playfully ask him if you can wear his hat or if you can see him without his hat on.
Yeah you know that's kind of @#$%ed up right.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 AM

6,742 posts, read 3,870,112 times
Quote:
Nope.

Egh unlikely.

Different emotions and opinions as mine were Amusing.
You should be flatterd that a man with a pulse would even fathom actually taking you on a date.

I guess beggars can be choosers.

Sounds like he lucked out.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,164,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Most likely because no one ever taught him that good manners dictate that mean don't wear hats indoors.
Indeed. Good manners are lost on most people these days. Holding doors for old people and wives, not eating until everyone has been served, taking hat off indoors and especially at the dinner table etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I wear a hat most of the time. I shave my head. It's cold in the winter and can sunburn in the summer.

I don't always take it off when inside.

Guess I'm a Douchebag.
Fantastic! Do you wear your favorite team jersey out to dinner with friends and family too? Can we get pictures of your jeans with the rips and holes in them that you wear out to bars and restaraunts? How about the Jonny Depp style headband that you carry around your back pocket?

Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Yeah you know that's kind of @#$%ed up right.
Different opinions as I saw nothing ' @#$%ed up' about it.

Quote:
You should be flatterd that a man with a pulse would even fathom actually taking you on a date.

I guess beggars can be choosers.

Sounds like he lucked out.
No I "shouldn't" considering I'm young, extremely attractive, and lower upper class. Though do tell why I should be "flatterd" and how I'm a beggar.

He didn't think he lucked out as he went all emo about it and tried again (guess he thought my knocking his hat off was unintentional) which was another massive fail of his and he went super emo.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Different opinions as I saw nothing ' @#$%ed up' about it.

No I "shouldn't" considering I'm young, extremely attractive, and lower upper class. Though do tell why I should be "flatterd" and how I'm a beggar.

He didn't think he lucked out as he went all emo about it and tried again (guess he thought my knocking his hat off was unintentional) which was another massive fail of his and he went super emo.
You apparently lack self-awareness, among other things.

Glad some of us men have standards. Maybe in hindsight, he'll realize he dodged a bul...errr, a missile.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You apparently lack self-awareness, among other things.

Glad some of us men have standards. Maybe in hindsight, he'll realize he dodged a bul...errr, a missile.
I'm quite self-aware and quite perceptive of others as well which is likely why I can quite easily manipulate and break others.

I highly doubt he'll realize he dodged a missile more likely I'll encourage him to have a mental breakdown using his sister getting cancer and his funds being short changed so he can flunk out of college that way I get entertainment and he's not around to be 'nice' to me in hopes I change my mind.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I'm quite self-aware and quite perceptive of others as well which is likely why I can quite easily manipulate and break others.

I highly doubt he'll realize he dodged a missile more likely I'll encourage him to have a mental breakdown using his sister getting cancer and his funds being short changed so he can flunk out of college that way I get entertainment and he's not around to be 'nice' to me in hopes I change my mind.
Okay, bro, you've had your fun. Go back to your World of Warcraft or Madden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty