U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,277,462 times

Advertisements

I like colours, I find the usual grey, blue, white, black, brown, tan pretty drab, so I like wearing clothes that are unusual or bright colours like teal or something. Nothing to do with sexuality but aesthetically I don't like pink, however, it just reminds me of innards or something lol.

Anyway, I find that clothing for men often lacks colour, although that is changing I will say.

What do you think, should there be more say, bright coloured pants for men? Or shirts in rainbow colours, ala the 60s?

What do ladies think, do they want us to wear brighter colours instead of the usual boring palette?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,719,492 times
I say go for it! Men's clothes tend to be pretty standard and somewhat boring, so if you can infuse some character into your daily wardrobe without looking clownish - by all means! Color is awesome.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 AM

26,907 posts, read 28,241,887 times
I love the brighter colors. A lot more fun and high energy.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:06 PM

202 posts, read 290,126 times
Yes go for it, one of my coworkers always have bright pants I think he looks good in them

Old 12-17-2012, 05:10 PM

10,546 posts, read 4,691,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I like colours, I find the usual grey, blue, white, black, brown, tan pretty drab, so I like wearing clothes that are unusual or bright colours like teal or something. Nothing to do with sexuality but aesthetically I don't like pink, however, it just reminds me of innards or something lol.

Anyway, I find that clothing for men often lacks colour, although that is changing I will say.

What do you think, should there be more say, bright coloured pants for men? Or shirts in rainbow colours, ala the 60s?

What do ladies think, do they want us to wear brighter colours instead of the usual boring palette?
As others have commented, yeah-go ahead, we approve
Seriously, I feel bad for men who feel restricted to drab/dull neutrals. I mean, if those are the colors (or lack thereof) the person wishes to garb themselves in, it's not for me to argue-but if one has the urge to dress using broader variety/palette, then by all means.... Sure, I've seen ugly (IMHO) outfits featuring bright/garish colors, but it doesn't have to be that way. Patterns, too-they should be allowed on more than just ties, for goodness' sakes !

Wouldn't quarrel with your rejection of pink-though, just for the record, I had math teacher in high school who had this whole "bad boy" attitude going on & he wore pink dress shirts with impunity. He even said to the class that he was fine with wearing such a shade. We didn't mock him for it, either-what fun we made was of his "I'm so tough" attitude, which he did tongue-in-cheek anyway. But if you plain old just dislike a color, there's no pressure to wear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or