U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,866,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I didn't even own a purse or handbag until about a year and a half ago....and I'm 25

The only reason I have one now is because I have too many id cards that I have to carry around... the perks of working at an airport.

Personally, I think spending more than $50 on a purse is absolutely ridiculous BUT, I would think nothing of spending $3000 on a good horse saddle, so we all have our splurges
haha! You must be a dressage person I ride saddle seat and I have an awesome MMX saddle seat saddle that was about $2400,but, I would have no problem spending that on a purse as well Me bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 03:09 PM

494 posts, read 1,088,808 times
hm for some reason my husband thinks i love coach. every occasion i get a coach bag. i just told him recently to never ever buy me a handbag as i don't care about them at all. he looked at me and said don't most women love coach? yeah, and they all have them
i buy my handbags when i go overseas. i don't look at the brand but more make sure they're leather and the colors (red is what i go for)
now if we were talking shoes...that's my inner imelda marcos problem. i could spend a fortune on shoes.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:27 PM

321 posts, read 920,509 times
I think my most expensive was a $400 Brighton. Can't remember the cheapest....probably something between 10 and 20 from Target!

Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,802,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
haha! You must be a dressage person I ride saddle seat and I have an awesome MMX saddle seat saddle that was about $2400,but, I would have no problem spending that on a purse as well Me bad!
I used to do 3 day evening So, between the cross country, dressage and show jumping I had quite the collection of saddles. Probably a good $20,000 worth. Of course, I rode a very large Arabian so I had to have a narrower tree which is why they were so much money.

I currently have 3 purses, all worth less than $20 each

Old 10-05-2009, 02:00 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
845 posts, read 1,353,352 times
Smile Most $$$ to least $$$......

My most expensive handbag that I own and use on occasion is the Prada Black Cervo, I absolutely love this handbag. My least $$ handbag is a Brighton Black Barbados. I have several different handbags from high end to low end. I love to alternate handbags to go with the right occasion, outfit, shoes, travel, business, etc...

Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 AM

31,201 posts, read 57,331,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
The most expensive "handbag" I own is little black cotton tote bag with webbing handles.

My daughter's school "gave" it to me upon her graduation. I figure it cost me about ~120K.
Well la-dee-dah! Aren't you the fashion plate!

That bag cost you a lot of stress and worry as well, no doubt! Congrats for making it through!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,922,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtoy View Post
does anyone have a gucci python bag they would sell to someone who doesnt have alot of money?
thanks.
jeanen
No, but I would suggest if you are looking for a certain thing without spending a lot that you try eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
The most expensive "handbag" I own is little black cotton tote bag with webbing handles.

My daughter's school "gave" it to me upon her graduation. I figure it cost me about ~120K.
LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaf View Post
I think my most expensive was a $400 Brighton. Can't remember the cheapest....probably something between 10 and 20 from Target!
I would say just about the same. My husband recently bought me a $300 Brighton for my birthday. It was originally $375. It was a fairly large handbag, hence the price, I guess. He has bought me several Brightons now for different occasions since he found I liked them. I consider spending $300-400 on a purse pretty outrageous! but yeah, I would do it. All my other Brightons were a little less expensive than that. Purses are kinda my "bag" no pun intended! Nevertheless, I would likely not spend over $300-400 for one. I like good quality but over that would not be worth it to me.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,442,263 times
All right my most expensive handbag was a graduation present when I finished up my degree. It's a black Coach Willis hand bag from the classic line.

Now my cheapest was from an Asian dollar shop up the street from where I live. It's actually a pencil case with a little panda bear on it. I use it when I'd go out in the evenings. It's actually big enough for my wallet, cell phone and small note pad! I think I've had more fun with that bag than any others.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM

8 posts, read 19,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I want an Ostrich purse SOOoOOooOOOo bad. Absolutely love them.
OMG! Same here!!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:46 PM

830 posts, read 2,285,541 times
I have an Old Navy one I got for probably $14.99. That's my most expensive. My dressy one was from Ross and I think it was $5. Maybe that was my cheapest.

I'd also never use more than one at a time (a time being a few years, until it has holes). I'm not going to be switching stuff out all the time. I have enough trouble remembering to put the ATM card back in my purse when I stick it in my pocket after pumping gas.

I actually don't like handbags at all. They're even less interesting than shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty