U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times

Advertisements

Well,it started with cleavage.
Lots of women said it was ok to show cleavage up top.
So what's wrong with us bottom heavy gals showing our goods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM

26,870 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Oh wait! I have seen the Kanye outfits. I don't like them..I think the last one I saw was shoes with white yarn balls on them. How bizarre.

I personally preferred her style pre-Kanye West.
Me too! I wold see pics and think: that outfit is so cute, I should totally get that. Now it is like "did she forget to look at the mirror before she left." And she used to wear more color, but apparently Kanye is all black/grey/white all the time. Boring!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM

26,870 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I think there is something called "too many goodies" that applies for top and bottom.

I think wearing slim fitting or tight around your hips/butt is fine. But bottomless....a little trashy. But more importantly totally impractical. I mean do you want to sit on the subway with your bare goodies? And just think of the "friends" you would make with your bottom goodies on display. No thanks. They might be worse than the cleavage friends.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 PM

408 posts, read 840,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

If you don't mind men staring at your goods, then show whatever you want. But if you're gonna be like "my eyes are up here", then you should cover up. I personally think showing your butt cleavage is disgusting and distasteful, but that's just my humble opinion.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,788,820 times
I'm not fond of this trend. Some people need to have some dignity.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,148,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Me too! I wold see pics and think: that outfit is so cute, I should totally get that. Now it is like "did she forget to look at the mirror before she left." And she used to wear more color, but apparently Kanye is all black/grey/white all the time. Boring!
Yes. I've noticed that she's been doing all black everything. It's a little publicity for his line, but she can't even make it look good.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,197,067 times
This thread reminds me of this thread:

How much more revealing will women's dress be able to become?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:41 PM

837 posts, read 2,496,069 times
A few years ago was nearly impossible to see a girl with transparent leggins on the street and now is the most common thing.

Look at Anne Hathaway, she was a girl who showed nothing and now we all know she likes to go commando.

I just wonder if this trend of show more goes so far as not wearing anything on the street, in home we know nudity is the norm these days for most of the young girls...

Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM

1,093 posts, read 2,199,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't care how people dress as long as they're in decent shape. It's the ugly fat or bone skinny people that I can't stand whether their covered, topless or bottomless. Have some decency.

I agree. Not only are they a walking warning of how not to live your life, but I am sick of tired of being subjected to bulging tummies, jiggling celulite, protruding guts and hanging flab from people who think 'beauty is on the inside'.To some extent internal beauty may be a fact, but it sure doesn't make you more beautiful on the outside. Where have people's pride gone? What about taking care of ourselves and trying to better how you look, rather than expose the worst of it?

The grim reality is that most people who take on this 'bottomless' trend are the very people who shouldn't.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM

1,093 posts, read 2,199,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaghoul View Post
If you don't mind men staring at your goods, then show whatever you want. But if you're gonna be like "my eyes are up here", then you should cover up. I personally think showing your butt cleavage is disgusting and distasteful, but that's just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, it's something men can also show. Fashion equality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or