U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 01:57 PM

2,890 posts, read 5,161,973 times

Advertisements

I was a white blond as a child. I have DARK brown hair as an adult. This didn't happen overnight, it was a gradual progression where my roots were always darker than the tips. So for me, ombre coloring does look natural.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 02:15 PM

3,785 posts, read 8,779,506 times
I hate that look. Not only are the roots unnaturally dark, but the hair texture looks too different, too. I think the darker roots look greasy. I currently have an ombre look because my hairdresser kept bugging me to try it and I HATE it. Mine is pretty subtle, but I still dislike it.

I was blonde as a child and my roots were always SLIGHTLY darker than the rest of my hair--especially in the fall since I spent so much time outside during the summer. However, the texture and tone were extremely similar---as in golden blonde to golden brown.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:25 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,263,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Those are babies. I was full blonde like that till erm...maybe 1st grade. Then my plat. blonde turned more golden.

It kept getting darker as I got older. If I stay out of the sun/pale = dark brown. Sun/tan = golden blonde.

I am also one of those freaky brown eyed blondes.
LOL

That seems like it could be a fun way to play around with your look. My hair was brown as a child and dark brown as an adult. So boring!! The sun barely lightens it, maybe it becomes a more golden brown if I'm lucky.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:55 PM

607 posts, read 1,961,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I have noticed a lot of gorgeous models being photographed with a large amount of their roots showing. Is this in fashion or are these women gorgeous enough to pull anything off?

What do you think of roots? Do you wear your roots long or touch up your roots as often as possible?

Opinions from men and women are welcome.

http://www.kate-upton.com/wp-content...2oct12-014.JPG

http://faystyle.com/girls/files/2012...ret-2012-1.jpg

http://www.inspirer.nu/storage/party...drianalima.jpg
http://lotzofwallpapers.com/i/candic...-wallpaper.jpg

http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/20...dar-2013-8.jpg

Because they are jealous of natural blondes, hence they go and bleach their hair.

Actually you don't need to see the roots to notice if a blonde is natural or fake, because natural blondes usually have different facial features, complexion and the hair is thinner.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
That seems like it could be a fun way to play around with your look. My hair was brown as a child and dark brown as an adult. So boring!! The sun barely lightens it, maybe it becomes a more golden brown if I'm lucky.
You can thank your italian genes, Italian people are rarely blondes, less so in adulthood.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,263,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
You can thank your italian genes, Italian people are rarely blondes, less so in adulthood.

One of the good things about my Italian genes is that my hair is thick and strong enough to withstand highlight bleaching and still look good

One of my uncles was blonde with blues eyes and he is a mix of Italian, Spanish, and maybe some Native American. I have no idea how that happened because the rest of that side of the family looks Mediterranean.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
One of the good things about my Italian genes is that my hair is thick and strong enough to withstand highlight bleaching and still look good

One of my uncles was blonde with blues eyes and he is a mix of Italian, Spanish, and maybe some Native American. I have no idea how that happened because the rest of that side of the family looks Mediterranean.
well there are mediterraneans with lighter hair aswell, but they are usually light brown/dirty blond, but you still can tell they look mediterranean because of their other features (facial structure,body proportions,skin complexion,etc)

Now true blonde northern european are way different, usually way blonder than mediterranean light haired people and have different facial features, body proportions,and,skin complexion (they are usually way taller aswell).

Also northern european blondes almost always have very thin hair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty