U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 AM

283 posts, read 418,094 times

Advertisements

She's OK, but certainly nothing noteworthy. I suspect I'll see a dozen women here in Boise during my travels today that I find more attractive.
She appears to have a rockin' body, but that's quite a schnozz on her.

In concluding, I guess she's pretty much a "butterface."

As in: "She's got a great bod, but her face..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 AM

3,572 posts, read 6,195,578 times

Magui Bravi Ritmo libre - YouTube

Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 PM

13,295 posts, read 12,341,071 times
I think Mokan is taken with Ms Bravi

Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,421,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My problem is with societal standards in place that are overwhelmingly unrealistic to the majority of women not only in this country but the world for that matter.

1.....In the pursuit of this mostly unobtainable standard women destroy their health, their mental well being and their ability to have meaningful relationships with the opposite sex.

2....Naturally thin is a natural static existence for a statistically small number of women and for those women I respect their natural body state.

Far to many women buy into the multi million dollar diet industry including but not limited to bogus diet aids in the form of over the counter pills, shakes, machines and publications, online and otherwise.
This is a social disease that is perpetuated mainly by men that oddly buy into the lie that thin is desirable at all costs thus causing the issues to not only commence but to self perpetuate.
The artist Peter Paul Rubens was a Flemish Baroque painter in which the now centuries old term of
"" Rubenesque "" to describe women of size originated from.
During Rubens time on this earth this was the standard of beauty;

3.....Now the standard of beauty costs the average woman not only monetary resources but also in terms of health.

Being a National Organization Of Women member along with a financial supporter of various womens groups that support a realistic standard for women I felt it necessary to answer your question of "what my problem is"". .
1- One could say the same about chasing a plus size.
2- Untrue since you think everything under a size 16 is dying and also your remarks
3- It cost more to eat more. If you are 50 lbs heavier you are going to have to eat more to keep it on than if you were thinner. Also I could go over clothing costs, gas, etc. It also cost more to have an unhealthy level of fat on your body when you hit the lifestyle wall at 50+

Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM

6,056 posts, read 7,954,291 times
She looks really pretty in some photos and not as pretty in others. She's definitely attractive. Not a perfect 10, but I couldn't imagine anyone saying she is ugly.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,195,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
She looks really pretty in some photos and not as pretty in others. She's definitely attractive. Not a perfect 10, but I couldn't imagine anyone saying she is ugly.
Exactly.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times
this girl looks just fine to me.. not a stunner but pretty enough..

Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,300,645 times
She reminds me a bit of a younger Stacy London, from the show "What not to wear", though this girl is prettier. I adore Stacy though and I think it's awesome that she manages to be sexy and attractive in spite of imperfect features instead of just getting a nose job. Same with this girl -it gives her character and sets her apart from the typical Barbie-face starlet. Seriously when you look at some of the plastic surgery victims like "Real Housewives", it's pretty much impossible to tell them apart from each other - they all look identical with fixed noses, cheek implants, lip injections, blond hair extensions, fake boobs etc. - it's kinda scary actually, like a herd of cyborgs. I'm for women celebrating their individual beauty and making the most of it rather than going under the knife to come out looking like a clone.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:16 PM

4,187 posts, read 4,211,793 times
She is certainly beautiful but not my type. I like the hair though.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,216,951 times
I think she's pretty, she has a nice body and nice hair (and an OK face). I don't think she's beautiful though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty