U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 AM

12,256 posts, read 15,793,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I only have one pair of jeans that aren't tattered on the bottom. And that's because they're new.
I have to wear heels with all of my jeans - it makes my butt look nice tho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,586,081 times
Tell me about it. I've already come to the conclusion that my work is cut out for me. Then again no two women are the same big or small so if the massess can do it why can't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTenor View Post
But I think that the range of shapes in plus size women is much greater that for the more slender ladies. Some larger women are big in the chest and some are big in the hips. Some are big all over, but still shapely and some are more round. That makes it difficult to design plus-sized clothing to please everyone.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 PM

268 posts, read 1,045,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I only have one pair of jeans that aren't tattered on the bottom. And that's because they're new.
I'll share a secret that us non-plus sized women do....we get our pants hemmed.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,418,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
I'll share a secret that us non-plus sized women do....we get our pants hemmed.
I've had my jeans hemmed before and they didn't look right. Besides, the tattered look is sort of my trademark.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:00 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,418,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I have to wear heels with all of my jeans - it makes my butt look nice tho
Actually I brought these cute platform heels that will go perfectly with my non-tattered jeans. I usually don't do heels unless I'm at work, but these are pretty comfortable.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 PM

631 posts, read 1,667,142 times
I'm plus sized and tall so I have a very hard time with finding pants/jeans that are long enough. When I was growing up it was virtually impossible but clothing selections are slowly getting better. I have a few pair of long jeans now but still not much luck with dress pants. I also agree with the ladies who have sleeve problems. It drives me nuts to find a cute shirt that fits perfect but the sleeves are too tight. Nobody wants a muffin top on their arm.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,586,081 times
Touche'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
I'm plus sized and tall so I have a very hard time with finding pants/jeans that are long enough. When I was growing up it was virtually impossible but clothing selections are slowly getting better. I have a few pair of long jeans now but still not much luck with dress pants. I also agree with the ladies who have sleeve problems. It drives me nuts to find a cute shirt that fits perfect but the sleeves are too tight. Nobody wants a muffin top on their arm.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,338,692 times
This was one of the big reasons I lost. I was tired of shopping!

Anyway..My past gripes:

Bras - ugly granny or straps too thin and bands around ribs too thin/flimsy. Requires wearing a shaper.

Fabric - Did they collect this crap from the 99 cent tent store or something? I hate flimsy fabric with synthetics. Just makes you feel sticky gross yech

Proportions wrong - They should have something on the sales tag like "best for apple shapes" or something like that. They also should leave a bit of fabric in the garmet to be able to tailor it.

Designs - SO SO SO wrong. They seem to make most of the stuff for plus size models and they are 10-14s..Which isnt even fat at all. So how is a design of a 14 going to look good on a 18 or 20? Its just not.

Shapeless - Was the inspiration a potato sack or what? I still had a shpe when overweight and everything was way too big in the shoulders and waist.

Fabric not laying right for comfort stretching.

And something that I see that bugs me is too short crotch with too long leg in pants.
I see it everywhere. They need to cut the fronts of some pants to contain the tum or it just looks like camel toe city!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,680,675 times
Skinny jeans are evil whether you are plus sized or not.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,338,692 times
I think they look totally cute on some thin asian girls. It fits the body shape. I saw a pic of hallie berrie in those. It made her bombshell body look fat! When she didnt look fat at all in anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty