U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM

8,578 posts, read 13,464,769 times

Advertisements

All this reminds me of the time I went down to the French Caribbean for a little R & R. I had never been to a nude beach , so , I thought one day I would try it. Now, being a bit modest, I was a little shy walking in on so many people bare ass naked, so I brought my large medium format camera along with the strap draped around my neck, sort of covering up some of what nature had provided me. I was not there really to take pics. , but, you never know.... It was not long before I was met with Hostility like you would not be leave." How dare you American bringing a camera to a private beach." , ...was heard several times in French...I just proceeded to ignore the remarks, as I was too busy stepping over and in between so many people who were peacefully tiring to get a little tan.......Ya, I did get some good shoots, sorta candidly, after all my way of thinking was hey, if you don't want me to take pics. then put some cloths on !....Actually in the end ( pun intended ) when I got my pictures back from the shop, surprised I was, the only photos that turned out were of an American couple I had met several times in the resort bar. Actually she was several months prego. They did not care, but, I was embarrassed. Come to think of it, they had a camera along also, I wonder ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 01:41 PM

9,882 posts, read 5,732,791 times
Businesses should not have to set strict dress codes for their adult employees. But if they do, they can be enforced regardless of what idiot complains of harassment. The problem is when they only enforce it for certain women. I was once given a talking to because of my hair - looked too nice. I worked with mostly guys so was told to tone down - my hair. It was the same style that most women wore at that time. I know who reported my Hair, a brown nosing woman with greasy hair and zits, who later had an affair with the only guy who would get near her.

Most offices I've worked in had one or two attention ho types who would dress provocatively and try to get men, usually married men, to flirt with them, then they would brag or complain about it. That has nothing to do with work and is very unprofessional. Those women usually created different little dramas and didn't last long. I imagine it is worse now.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 PM

3,647 posts, read 5,308,454 times
The thing that bugs me is these women wear short skirts or show cleavage then the guy is a pervert for checking her out, lol what did you expect?

Old 12-26-2012, 03:36 PM

2,141 posts, read 2,454,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
The thing that bugs me is these women wear short skirts or show cleavage then the guy is a pervert for checking her out, lol what did you expect?
That's because people think checking someone out means opening their big mouths. Who gets told off for just looking?

Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,105,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
As a straight man, I couldn't disagree more with the OP. I don't mind seeing scantily clad women -- the more scanty the better as far as I'm concerned.
^^^This.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:04 PM

7,190 posts, read 7,525,628 times
Women only dress up for other women,not for guys!
I herd this on a talk show once,and about 30 women called in to confirm it's true.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM

5,489 posts, read 4,562,038 times
I find it hyporicritical.
Women do not want to be considdered sex objects ,yet dress exactly that way .
What am I missing here ?
One of many reasons I find single women scary ,and unstable .
In some ways ,it might be best if women were naked most off the time ,eventuallly men would no longer be distracted altogether.
I don't know that it's true, but according to articles I have read , those living in a naturist community are less arroused by the view eventually .
Certianly seeing over weith women wearing clothing inappropreat for their condition says volumes about their personality or rather the lack there of .
I know very beautiful people that are not phisically attractive but carry them selves well, with a great personality .
They are married and we are just good friends .
Really flerty sexy women wearing come on clothing though is a flashing neon sign danger ahead . May as well be a rattle snake .
And yes I am an old man .

Old 12-26-2012, 06:00 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,150,259 times
Trimac I think its abundantly clear why scantily clad women upset you, its not anything feminist but you've made it clear you're a virgin and feel you have no hope of ever having sex. I'm certain its more sexual than a moral issue, if you had a good looking woman in your bed with sexy lingerie, you'd be singing a different tune.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:06 PM

15,533 posts, read 29,257,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
In advertising, films, or hell, even in real life. In my younger days, it was like a candy shop but now, I think I've become sort of de-sensitized, or it's not a big deal, so why should I be complaining, right? I still find women sexy, but seeing them constantly has made it seem less special. Maybe the Muslims were onto something, lol jk.

I don't know, I probably sound like an old school feminist, but it just seems almost corny to see scantily clad women everywhere. It's like they're trying too hard to be sexy. To me that can make them seem LESS sexy. Having effortless sex appeal that doesn't just depend on your dress but your whole attitude/drive... Or in real life when they go out clubbing, the way they flaunt it, like you can see their panties or whatnot. I feel like a dirty old man perving on them but you kinda feel that's their intention...Getting back to it, what makes it stranger is that men are seldom portrayed this way, except maybe being topless. There should be more equality in how men vs women are portrayed. Also women are shown everywhere: have a look at magazines, Cosmopolitan and FHM are both like 80-90% photos of women, it's like beauty is totally dominated by female beauty. People say it's changing but not as much as you'd think. Anyway wondering if anyone else can relate, haha.
It makes me laugh. Girls are out there showing off their body parts just practically screaming... "F" me, "F" me, come on, here it is, come and get it". And then they complain that they can't find a good guy who is interested in them as people, and not just sex. Well, what do you expect? McDonalds puts hamburgers in their advertisements for a reason. That is what they are selling.

Women dress like a piece of meat and then get all bent out of shape when men think of them as sex objects. Talk about a mixed message.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,182,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Women only dress up for other women,not for guys!
I herd this on a talk show once,and about 30 women called in to confirm it's true.
Sure, and men only work out for other guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or