Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is the kick in the head about CA, they want u to look.
When you stop looking, well you are dead!! I like the female form anyway I see it, which tells me, at 71 , life IS not over yet, clothes on or off does not matter, it's how they present themselves. Cloths may make the man, but for Women cloths are for removing, one item at a time........it's the best way...to present themselves lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I feel like in most US cities, the majority of women under the age of 40 dress way too provocative. I have seen it all! Corsets and heel to go to sports bar. Black lace dressed to go dancing that look like they belong in the bedroom. It actually makes the ones of us that are covered up stand out more!

Would this be the norm in many places in the US? And do people think this is too little?

How many girls do you see actually walking around like this? Or do people only find it offending when the person is overweight? Personally, I agree with PearM that women are overdoing it.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Would this be the norm in many places in the US? And do people think this is too little?

How many girls do you see actually walking around like this? Or do people only find it offending when the person is overweight? Personally, I agree with PearM that women are overdoing it.

I have only seen this look by the beach. I'm thinking of people who go to friendly gatherings in v-necks that show 5+ inches of cleavage in a push up bra, mini skirts in the winter, mini skirts that barely cover the behind, implants half exposed in tube tops, or any breasts squished into a top too small. Some will go out with the midriff, cleavage, and legs exposed for a night dancing.

The worst is when you see someone wearing something that shows skin in the winter. Not only do you lack self-respect but you are willing to bare skin when its snowing just to get attention. It's pretty sad. I sound like such a prude.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:48 AM

54 posts, read 62,322 times
I've never been comfortable wearing shorts that are very short or tube tops/mini skirts in public. I don't have an issue with the young ones wearing less when its blazing hot out but make sure you can pull off what your body type is. I don't want to see rolls and muffin top issues going on lol.

I'm okay with sphagetti straps but from then on I perfer to be covered to the knee at least. Just my comfort level with not showing all my parts. I don't feel comfortable with the world seeing my body though and I don't have weight issues. If I'm round my house then I have no issues with wearing less clothing just not in public. The SO was attracted to my modesty since he severly dislikes what he calls "loose women." He knows they may not be loose but the perception is there for him and other men.

I am not modest for religious reasons and I'm not afraid of the attention because I get it just by virtue of being a red head. I just have that type of internal makeup. The SO was attracted to my confidence and looks and the modesty is a bonus~

Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:

If the woman is an adult, reasonable attractive with average figure ( able to pull off dressing real hot) then fine, show what you are proud of,

Old 12-24-2012, 03:01 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
As a straight man, I couldn't disagree more with the OP. I don't mind seeing scantily clad women -- the more scanty the better as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:05 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
OP....Welcome to the mature world of adulthood....You have values.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:

Gads, I remember looking like this...Eons ago...
This to me is beach wear. Seaside resort wear...But not downtown wear.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:12 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktheshark View Post
women in the 200 lb+ range in miniskirts.
It's almost like looking straight up while squeezing lemon juice into your eyes. Thankfully winter is upon us and your eyes can recover till spring.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Gads, I remember looking like this...Eons ago...
This to me is beach wear. Seaside resort wear...But not downtown wear.
I've seen women dressed like that downtown. Imagine if a guy walked around with half his butt-cheeks showing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty