U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 AM

607 posts, read 1,964,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Rare does not mean not existent. Proper blonde? There are many different shades of blonde, and none of them are "proper" or "not proper." I've already said my hair is a natural dark blonde with red undertones, and I was a towhead, my hair darkened into my teens. I do not agree that blondes have their own features, not all northern Europeons are blonde so plenty of women with as dark as medium brown hair will have those type of features, and I guarantee a good colorist can make them look like a natural blonde.

Medium brown hair is not that common among women in northern europe, lightbrown probably but still blonde is commoner.

Also meidum brown haired women in countries like norway/sweden/finland almost always have some sami features, the more germanic looking women are almost always blonde, the same goes for the men.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Rare does not mean not existent, my friend I mentioned in another post who has ages well also needs mascara on her blonde lashes. Proper blonde? There are many different shades of blonde, and none of them are "proper" or "not proper." I've already said my hair is a natural dark blonde with red undertones, and I was a towhead, my hair darkened into my teens, my heritage is northern European and I have blue eyes. I do not agree that blondes have their own features, it's just coloring, not all northern Europeons are blonde so plenty of women with as dark as medium brown hair will have those type of features, and I guarantee a good colorist can make them look like a natural blonde.
What northern european is it? You migh be surprised how in some "northern european countries blonde is quite uncommon" (I mean the proper blonde hair in adults) but in other ones it seems to be almost everywhere you go.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM

6,780 posts, read 6,871,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
What northern european is it? You migh be surprised how in some "northern european countries blonde is quite uncommon" (I mean the proper blonde hair in adults) but in other ones it seems to be almost everywhere you go.
German, Polish, and Irish. No super north that I know of, but I have a mixed heritage and my family kept poor records.

Not all natural blondes have the same features, not all natural blondes come from the same place. Blonde is a coloring, there may be a tendency to have features in common if they happen to come from the same place, but it's certainly not a given. Maybe what you actually like is Swedish, or Finnish features, not "blonde" features. Just look at those dark skinned blondes, they are naturally blonde, but don't have swedish features.

I still don't know what you mean by "proper" blonde as blonde comes in many shades. Do you just mean very light blonde?

Last edited by detshen; 12-25-2012 at 12:13 PM..

Old 12-25-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
German, Polish, and Irish. No super north that I know of, but I have a mixed heritage and my family kept poor records.

Not all natural blondes have the same features, not all natural blondes come from the same place. Blonde is a coloring, there may be a tendency to have features in common if they happen to come from the same place, but it's certainly not a given. Maybe what you actually like is Swedish, or Finnish features, not "blonde" features. Just look at those dark skinned blondes, they are naturally blonde, but don't have swedish features.

I still don't know what you mean by "proper" blonde as blonde comes in many shades. Do you just mean very light blonde?
Northern germans overall are very blond people imo, the poles and southern germans are moderately blonde, Irish and polish carpathians (deep southern poland) are definitely on the dark/brunette haired side tough.

Proper blondes:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/...ke+Michi16.jpg

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...0246/image.jpg

http://www.sportfotografie.net/Foto/...e%20Ritsma.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0gp5n4apQY...600/kahn04.jpg

http://www.nst.com.my/polopoly_fs/1...._454/image.jpg

Basically proper blonde people looks blonde in all pictures, and they dont depend to be on summer to be blonde, they look strongly blonde the whole year. The proper blondes usually have thin hair and the most dominant color is some sort of strong yellow/golden blonde although they can turn into light/platinium blondes by summer

How common would be people like this?

Last edited by Don_Caballero; 12-25-2012 at 12:43 PM..

Old 12-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Northern germans overall are very blond people imo, the poles and southern germans are moderately blonde, Irish and polish carpathians (deep southern poland) are definitely on the dark/brunette haired side tough.
I don't know where my coloring came from, my parents both had brown hair and hazel eyes, but there is no other way to describe my hair than blonde, "proper" or not, (with reddish undertones, so it's definitely not "dirty" blonde.) Since my twenties I have had a spot that has a bunch of grey, I don't like it, so I color just that area every month as soon as it starts to become noticeable to me, the color I use is medium blonde, that blends well with my natural color, (the dark blonde is a little too dark,) but it's darker than my highlights which vary in shades, I only get those a few times a year, it looks like summer hair shifting to indoor hair, but even the darkest parts are medium blonde. I don't know her heritage, but my features and skin tone are a lot like Amy/Emma, I actually look quite a bit like her.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I don't know where my coloring came from, my parents both had brown hair and hazel eyes, but there is no other way to describe my hair than blonde (with reddish undertones, so it's definitely not "dirty" blonde.) Since my twenties I have had a spot that has a bunch of grey, I don't like it, so I color just that area every month as soon as it starts to become noticeable to me, the color I use is medium blonde, that blends well with my natural color, (the dark blonde is a little too dark,) but it's darker than my highlights which I only get a few times a year. I don't know her heritage, but my features and skin tone are a lot like Amy/Emma, I actually look quite a bit like her.
Then its probably your german side.

What about the proper blonde definition I've explained on the previous post?

Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Proper blondes:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/...ke+Michi16.jpg

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...0246/image.jpg

http://www.sportfotografie.net/Foto/...e%20Ritsma.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0gp5n4apQY...600/kahn04.jpg

http://www.nst.com.my/polopoly_fs/1...._454/image.jpg

Basically proper blonde people looks blonde in all pictures, and they dont depend to be on summer to be blonde, they look strongly blonde the whole year. The proper blondes usually have thin hair and the most dominant color is some sort of strong yellow/golden blonde although they can turn into light/platinium blondes by summer

How common would be people like this?
I missed the edit. Worldwide, that coloring is not very common at all, and it's incorrect to call them "proper," the accurate term would be light blonde, or maybe golden blonde. Medium or dark blonde is still blonde, but it may not be yellow/gold without some sun.

Calling them proper has a rude connotation, even if you don't mean it that way. Not everyone prefers light blonde, or thinks it's the best. I don't, I love my darker blonde, reddish areas, the light blonde highlights just add depth and interest. I would not chose to go all over light blonde again, even though it looks totally natural on me. There are some men who prefer that, but my fiancee' prefers my hair darker. I wouldn't mind going even darker, but I hate having roots, so I won't.

Last edited by detshen; 12-25-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 PM

521 posts, read 612,223 times
Quote:
And? does it prove something? I used the word "generally" Go to those countrie/islands and you will notice they are less than 1% of the population. How many africans and asians are like this? probably 0,000001%.

Show me crowds of native peoples, concerts in any asian, african or australasian country/island where most of a reasonable % of people are blonde.

Also posting blonde children means nothing, use adult people next time, otherwise most white americans and brits would be blonde, when in reality the big majority of their adults are brownhaired.
most white americans and brits dye their hair blonde so that's why there are more of them

Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
most white americans and brits dye their hair blonde so that's why there are more of them
Nosense, because way more children are born blonde in US/UK than in those african/asian countries where its a true rarity, so even if most darken in adulthood still quite a few will remain as natural blondes.

Have you ever been to Utah, MInnesota, north dakota, west michigan? Its clear you never been there.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 PM

7,932 posts, read 7,285,787 times
Brad Pitt was born a natural blonde

Exclusive Rare Photos of Young Brad Pitt - YouTube

Merry Christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty