U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,386,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Northern germans overall are very blond people imo, the poles and southern germans are moderately blonde, Irish and polish carpathians (deep southern poland) are definitely on the dark/brunette haired side tough.

Proper blondes:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/...ke+Michi16.jpg

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...0246/image.jpg

http://www.sportfotografie.net/Foto/...e%20Ritsma.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0gp5n4apQY...600/kahn04.jpg

http://www.nst.com.my/polopoly_fs/1...._454/image.jpg

Basically proper blonde people looks blonde in all pictures, and they dont depend to be on summer to be blonde, they look strongly blonde the whole year. The proper blondes usually have thin hair and the most dominant color is some sort of strong yellow/golden blonde although they can turn into light/platinium blondes by summer

How common would be people like this?
No, proper blondes do not have thin hair per se but rather blonde hair texture is fine. However, blondes have the most hair follicles per square inch of all hair colors. These facts are not carved in stone however, because of the many, many combination of genes a child inherits from their parents and further back.

My husband is Greek (dark blond and light blue eyes) and my heritage is Scots-Irish and German (tow head and light blue eyes)...my children range in blonde hair color from yellow white (tow headed) to medium blonde...two with blue eyes and one with green eyes.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 12-25-2012 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Italics

Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM

6,779 posts, read 6,854,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
No, proper blondes do not have thin hair per se but rather blonde hair texture is fine. However, blondes have the most hair follicles per square inch of all hair colors. These facts are not carved in stone however, because of the many, many combination of genes a child inherits from their parents and further back.

My husband is Greek (dark blond and light blue eyes) and my heritage is Scots-Irish and German (tow head and light blue eyes)...my children range in blonde hair color from yellow white (tow headed) to medium blonde...two with blue eyes and one with green eyes.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
That makes sense because my hair is rather fine, and was very fine when I was a child, but I have A LOT of it, stylists always comment on how much hair I have, when I let it grow longer it gets so heavy, and hot in the summer, but the individual strands aren't thick.

Can we say naturally light hued blondes, instead of proper blondes? Proper just doesn't sound right. This is just a general post, I know you were just quoting.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM

2,135 posts, read 3,531,271 times
One thing that is weird is how the OP thinks if your not blonde he thinks of guys. Wtf is with that.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You have to see the whole face to know it, its just the whole appeal and combination of features.

Many people cant see it because they grew up seeing mostly fake blondes, hence they dont know what features associate with natural blondes and which ones with brunettes.

For example that blonde is natural:

This one is fake (most american "blondes" fit right here btw):
I'll go for the "fake blonde any day than the natural blonde in the pictures you posted. I like white women....but not chalk white. Can't even tell her hair from her skin. Ill pass on the natural blonde.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
One thing that is weird is how the OP thinks if your not blonde he thinks of guys. Wtf is with that.
That was my big question about these threads. I understand preferences, we all have them, but to find brunette females so unattractive they may as well be men takes a preference to a new, possibly problematic level.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:25 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,768,675 times
Quote:
Actually brunettes are dumber on average because the dumb blondes are 90%+ of times bleached brunettes. When I mean blondes I mean true ones, not fakes.
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Whatcha talkin bout Willis - YouTube

Old 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That was my big question about these threads. I understand preferences, we all have them, but to find brunette females so unattractive they may as well be men takes a preference to a new, possibly problematic level.
Hopefully he is being over dramatic. I do that often for humor purposes....not sure if I would say that non blondes remind me of men though. Lol

Old 12-25-2012, 03:55 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:
And? does it prove something? I used the word "generally" Go to those countrie/islands and you will notice they are less than 1% of the population. How many africans and asians are like this? probably 0,000001%.

Show me crowds of native peoples, concerts in any asian, african or australasian country/island where most of a reasonable % of people are blonde.

Also posting blonde children means nothing, use adult people next time, otherwise most white americans and brits would be blonde, when in reality the big majority of their adults are brownhaired.
What does the percentage matter? I was responding directly to your assertion that you have to have the "right" skin tone and facial features to look naturally blonde. I was merely demonstrating that natural comes in many forms beyond northern European.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 PM

607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Brad Pitt was born a natural blonde

Exclusive Rare Photos of Young Brad Pitt - YouTube

Merry Christmas
Yes you are right, but he wasnt a natural blond in adulthood.
Thank you very much, Merry christmas back Trosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
When did I write that? please quote me back If im wrong.

Best regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Thank you home is were, I hope you just have had a nice christmas

Yes indeed blondes have more hair, or more full hair, but the hair itself is not as thick as dark brunettes on average, But well Im telling this comparing northern european blondes, with people from southern europe/mediterranean ancestry. Arabs have even thicker hair on average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
What does the percentage matter? I was responding directly to your assertion that you have to have the "right" skin tone and facial features to look naturally blonde. I was merely demonstrating that natural comes in many forms beyond northern European.

Percentages matter, because 99,99% of blondes in the world have either germanic/slavic ancestry/ethnicity, so you are likely countring exceptions, Im sure most chinese people have never met a natural blond chinese, but they probably exist (just extremely rare cases)

Anyways you can logically infere that with the thread title Im meaning the 99,99% of blondes in the world, not the exceptions.

Last edited by Don_Caballero; 12-25-2012 at 08:18 PM..

Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:

When did I write that? please quote me back If im wrong.

B.
The poster has it a bit off. It may have been on the other thread, but you did write something like looking at conventionally attractive brunette women was like looking at men for you, there was no attraction for you, just nothing. It was probably hyperbole, but I also found it odd. My fiancee' usually prefers brunettes, he currently loves that T mobile chick, and he tends to like Latina women, but he's with a blonde and I know he finds me very attractive despite not loving my hair color.

Actually, since he has been with me he has started pointing out more blondes that he finds attractive, I think he's become more open to blondes since he's been with me. Everyone has preferences, but most people make exceptions, and can appreciate an attractive member of the opposite sex even if they aren't that person's "type." Feeling nothing, like they could be men is a bit unusual.

(BTW, I should add before anyone thinks he's some kind of jerk, that we are both very secure people, we often point out people on TV, or strangers that we find attractive, it's just fun for us, there's no jealousy.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty