U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 PM
 
11,987 posts, read 10,680,497 times
Reputation: 9898

Advertisements

I like some redheads (they're hit and miss), but I'm not a big fan of blondes. I prefer brunettes, latinas and black girls to them actually. I suppose I do find more blondes attractive than I do Asians though.

 
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 PM
 
6,805 posts, read 4,769,521 times
Reputation: 1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Does anybody else ever had it? I have it from quite a few time actually, I cannot be attracted brunette girls (or fake blondes for that matter)although I kind find some of them objetively attractive, But always when I'm turned on by a girl she resulted to be either a natural blonde/redhead, like those kind of germanic looking women.


Do you ever have had a particular attraction from a single type of women/men?
Whatever floats your boat.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 02:39 AM
 
6,771 posts, read 6,856,061 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Natural blondes tend to not age very well. Their looks usually peak in their early twenties.
That's not true, in my experience. It's the fake blondes who age poorly because they tend to sun worship, natural blondes can't, they just burn. I'm a natural blonde, 40ish. I work in a professional field, and I have a difficult time explaining my education, and years of experience because people assume I am much younger, I don't like talking about my age, but I often have to because of this, and people are genuinely shocked. I went to the dermatologist to have a laser treatment on a spider vein a few months ago, and the nurse was amazed by my skin, she actually brought the other staff in to look at my skin to show them how young skin can look with sun avoidance. That was my first time at a dermatologist, I've never had anything done, but that vein treatment.

A good friend of mine is naturally very blonde, my highlights look natural, her's are natural, she's in her early 50's and looks at least 10 years younger. The main thing is neither of us have ever been sun worshippers, we burn, we don't tan so we just avoid the sun and wear tons of sunscreen.

Last edited by detshen; 12-25-2012 at 03:06 AM..
 
Old 12-25-2012, 03:05 AM
 
6,771 posts, read 6,856,061 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
You have to see the whole face to know it, its just the whole appeal and combination of features.

Many people cant see it because they grew up seeing mostly fake blondes, hence they dont know what features associate with natural blondes and which ones with brunettes.


For example that blonde is natural:




This one is fake (most american "blondes" fit right here btw):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Its rare because you are talking from a global way where 75% of world population are living in africa or asia, countries which have zero blondes. Also you have most places in central/south america where being blonde is pretty uncommon 0-1% of population.

But if you lived all your time in the US you might think blondes are way common than that, I mean natural ones of course. 16% of americans are blond, and If we consider only the white people then the % Surely would go above it.


The same person who was born and raised in japan all his life and never left home might think blondes are unexistent.

If all countries in the world would have homogenously 2% of adult blondes I might agree it would be rare, But considering there are still more than a few countries where being dark haired(darker than light brown)make you stick out like a sore thumb, then I definitely wouldnt consider it really rare.
That woman in the athletic picture is very obviously a natural blonde, but that is quite rare. Most blonde hair gets darker as people age, and turns dark blonde to light brown. Many of the pictures you posted are women who were likely born very blonde, but their hair darkened with age, and now they have highlights to stay light blonde. There are also many women with medium to light brown hair who lighten their hair to blonde, and it looks very natural, they don't go for the overly bleached trashy look, or wear tons of makeup like the "fake American blonde" women you point out.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 03:07 AM
 
1,846 posts, read 2,640,291 times
Reputation: 2489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Does anybody else ever had it? I have it from quite a few time actually, I cannot be attracted brunette girls (or fake blondes for that matter)although I kind find some of them objetively attractive, But always when I'm turned on by a girl she resulted to be either a natural blonde/redhead, like those kind of germanic looking women.


Do you ever have had a particular attraction from a single type of women/men?
NOPE...but I believe in "what you like you like."

I do not have a type, I never have..I believe there is good looking in every race and everything else down to hair color or eye color...
There are way too many FINE ARSE people that exist in every race for me to be secular..
I do tend to lean towards tall men and fit men however these come in every shade..

So what do I haveto say to you? Go for what you like because after all there are brunettes that may not find you attractive either lol..so you in essence are doing them a favor by liking what you like..
 
Old 12-25-2012, 03:08 AM
 
Location: New Zealand and Australia
7,458 posts, read 11,124,274 times
Reputation: 7783
Hair colour and ethnicity are close to irrelevant for me in a woman when it comes to physical attraction and chemistry.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,957,285 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's not true, in my experience. It's the fake blondes who age poorly because they tend to sun worship, natural blondes can't, they just burn. I'm a natural blonde, 40ish. I work in a professional field, and I have a difficult time explaining my education, and years of experience because people assume I am much younger, I don't like talking about my age, but I often have to because of this, and people are genuinely shocked. I went to the dermatologist to have a laser treatment on a spider vein a few months ago, and the nurse was amazed by my skin, she actually brought the other staff in to look at my skin to show them how young skin can look with sun avoidance. That was my first time at a dermatologist, I've never had anything done, but that vein treatment.

A good friend of mine is naturally very blonde, my highlights look natural, her's are natural, she's in her early 50's and looks at least 10 years younger. The main thing is neither of us have ever been sun worshippers, we burn, we don't tan so we just avoid the sun and wear tons of sunscreen.
This is not true natural blondes are among the best to tan, actually if you go to mediterranean beaches in europe they are full of very blond scandinavian and dutch people (either men and women) and they are able to get a very rich golden brown tan, heck i know a natural white/platinium blonde girl and she gets very dark brown in summer, maybe you havent tried enough. On the other hand dark haired white people, like most of brits and irish people who have the very dark hair/very light skin combo usually have issues tanning and they get red.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,605,644 times
Reputation: 3365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Does anybody else ever had it? I have it from quite a few time actually, I cannot be attracted brunette girls (or fake blondes for that matter)although I kind find some of them objetively attractive, But always when I'm turned on by a girl she resulted to be either a natural blonde/redhead, like those kind of germanic looking women.


Do you ever have had a particular attraction from a single type of women/men?
I have a particular attraction to natural redheads.

I think it's the fairness of their skin and the beautiful red hair, and often green eyes that just look incredible together.

I don't like dyed red hair. It typically looks fake, and fake often means less appealing.

I also like natural blondes as well, but I think natural redheads are more desirable than blondes.

Of course the woman needs to be attractive overall ... so it's not only about the hair.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,957,285 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That woman in the athletic picture is very obviously a natural blonde, but that is quite rare. Most blonde hair gets darker as people age, and turns dark blonde to light brown. Many of the pictures you posted are women who were likely born very blonde, but their hair darkened with age, and now they have highlights to stay light blonde. There are also many women with medium to light brown hair who lighten their hair to blonde, and it looks very natural, they don't go for the overly bleached trashy look, or wear tons of makeup like the "fake American blonde" women you point out.
I posted pictures of acress emma bell , although she definitely has more lightbrown/dark blonde hair than true blonde and she highlights it, however she has "germanic" kind of facial features and for the same reason she doesnt stand out with blonder highlights.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/E...XR-eXKJj8l.jpg

The rarity depends where you go , In Northern europe (except UK and Ireland) very blonde (medium/golden/light/platinium) people in early adult age is quite common, and there are more than a few solid blonde adults.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:59 AM
 
6,771 posts, read 6,856,061 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
I posted pictures of acress emma bell , although she definitely has more lightbrown/dark blonde hair than true blonde and she highlights it, however she has "germanic" kind of facial features and for the same reason she doesnt stand out with blonder highlights.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/E...XR-eXKJj8l.jpg

The rarity depends where you go , In Northern europe (except UK and Ireland) very blonde (medium/golden/light/platinium) people in early adult age is quite common, and there are more than a few solid blonde adults.
Emma's (she's Amy to me, love The Walking Dead) coloring is much more common than the super light blonde, that's similar to my hair with the strawberry undertones, and I know quite few people with that coloring, we definitely need a little chemical help, but it always looks natural. Looking natural with various blonde highlights and lowlights is usually more about skin coloring than facial features, pale, pinky skin is necessary, (natural blonde hair with tan skin is an oxymoron), and a good colorist who knows the right tones to use. In general women who were towheaded children will look natural as blondes as long as they don't go overboard on the platinum. Women who go all platinum are not trying to look natural

Natural blondes are more common in northern Europe, but as a percentage of the general population, natural blonde is rare, natural red is even more rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top