U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Emma's (she's Amy to me, love The Walking Dead) coloring is much more common than the super light blonde, that's similar to my hair with the strawberry undertones, and I know quite few people with that coloring, we definitely need a little chemical help, but it always looks natural. Looking natural with various blonde highlights and lowlights is usually more about skin coloring than facial features, pale, pinky skin is necessary, and a good colorist who knows the right tones to use. In general women who were towheaded children will look natural as blondes as long as they don't go overboard on the platinum. Women who go all platinum are not trying to look natural

Natural blondes are more common in northern Europe, but as a percentage of the general population, natural blonde is rare, natural red is even more rare.

Not really, because naturally very blonde people only exist normally in northern european(And some central/eastern) populations, hence if you have those kind of features any kind of blonde hair will look normal on you.

Its also very different going lighter blonde from dark blonde than bleaching your hair from darkbrown/black to very blond.

You can easily tell apart fake blondes because they look by no means northern european, like cameron diaz, paris hilton, etc.




How common would you say are natural blonde women with really yellow blonde eyebrows? not lightbrown ones..

 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:19 AM
 
6,779 posts, read 6,854,548 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Not really, because naturally very blonde people only exist normally in northern european(And some central/eastern) populations, hence if you have those kind of features any kind of blonde hair will look normal on you.

Its also very different going lighter blonde from dark blonde than bleaching your hair from darkbrown/black to very blond.

You can easily tell apart fake blondes because they look by no means northern european, like cameron diaz, paris hilton, etc.




How common would you say are natural blonde women with really yellow blonde eyebrows? not lightbrown ones..
I know A LOT about hair coloring, my good friend is a colorist and I've changed my hair a lot. Many fake blondes look totally natural if the tones are right, if the tones are wrong it doesn't work as natural. Not every fake blonde looks like Cameron or Paris Hilton, those women are not trying to look natural. There are no true "blonde" features, plenty of medium brown haired women have those features, but can't go blonde and look natural because of skin tone. Towheaded children never grow up to have have dark brown/black hair.

Women with naturally blonde eyebrows and lashes are quite rare. Many colored blondes also lighten their eyebrows, I used to when I was wearing a lighter blonde.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,604,436 times
Reputation: 3365
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I know A LOT about hair coloring, my good friend is a colorist and I've changed my hair a lot. Many fake blondes look totally natural if the tones are right, if the tones are wrong it doesn't work as natural. Not every fake blonde looks like Cameron or Paris Hilton, those women are not trying to look natural. There are no true "blonde" features, plenty of medium brown haired women have those features, but can't go blonde and look natural because of skin tone. Towheaded children never grow up to have have dark brown/black hair.

Women with naturally blonde eyebrows and lashes are quite rare. Many colored blondes also lighten their eyebrows, I used to when I was wearing a lighter blonde.
The problem with dying is once the roots start to show ... it no longer looks real. And that is just a matter of days.

Then there is the mismatched hair colors found on other parts of the body.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:26 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I know A LOT about hair coloring, my good friend is a colorist and I've changed my hair a lot. Many fake blondes look totally natural if the tones are right. Not every fake blonde looks like Cameron or Paris Hilton, those women are not trying to look natural. There are no true "blonde" features, plenty of medium brown haired women have those features, but can't go blonde and look natural because of skin tone. Towheaded children never grow up to have have dark brown/black hair.

Women with naturally blonde eyebrows and lashes are quite rare. Many colored blondes also lighten their eyebrows, I used to when I was wearing a lighter blonde.
Really? Then I dated a rare woman, because she darkens her very blond eyebrows and wear mascara all the day to cover the blonde lashes. Maybe you arent even a proper blonde but more of a dirty blond/lightbrown.

And blondes have their own features imo, because vast majority of women in northern european countries are lightbrown to lightblond, hence only brunettes almost scratching the blonde area will be able to have similar features.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:28 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The problem with dying is once the roots start to show ... it no longer looks real. And that is just a matter of days.

Then there is the mismatched hair colors found on other parts of the body.
It doesnt look natural when you don't have the proper facial features and skin color/complexion to be a blonde.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 AM
 
1,459 posts, read 2,119,595 times
Reputation: 3084
Don, there are no "blonde" features.

There are features found in certain ethnic groups, such as the Teutonic and Nordic peoples that populate northern Europe. But you are mistaken if you believe that all of those genes that express brow shape, eye shape, nose shape, feature spacing and skin tone are linked with those that lead to low melanin production. The combination occurs frequently because they are in the same smallish population.

Additionally, the "vast majority" of northern Europeans aren't blonde. Even in Scandinavian countries, it is half. Easily google-able.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Ah, I love an opportunity to pull this one out.



And it's 100% natural.
And? does it prove something? I used the word "generally" Go to those countrie/islands and you will notice they are less than 1% of the population. How many africans and asians are like this? probably 0,000001%.


Show me crowds of native peoples, concerts in any asian, african or australasian country/island where most of a reasonable % of people are blonde.

Also posting blonde children means nothing, use adult people next time, otherwise most white americans and brits would be blonde, when in reality the big majority of their adults are brownhaired.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM
 
607 posts, read 1,956,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
Don, there are no "blonde" features.

There are features found in certain ethnic groups, such as the Teutonic and Nordic peoples that populate northern Europe. But you are mistaken if you believe that all of those genes that express brow shape, eye shape, nose shape, feature spacing and skin tone are linked with those that lead to low melanin production. The combination occurs frequently because they are in the same smallish population.

Additionally, the "vast majority" of northern Europeans aren't blonde. Even in Scandinavian countries, it is half. Easily google-able.
Still 75% of them are from lightblrown to light blonde,


most scandinavians and dutch (you can trow northern germans in the mix aswell) brunettes are quite lightbrown haired, not your typical dark hair you see in countries like spain, italy, france or among many many white americans and british peoples.
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 AM
 
6,779 posts, read 6,854,548 times
Reputation: 6938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Really? Then I dated a rare woman, because she darkens her very blond eyebrows and wear mascara all the day to cover the blonde lashes. Maybe you arent even a proper blonde but more of a dirty blond/lightbrown.

And blondes have their own features imo, because vast majority of women in northern european countries are lightbrown to lightblond, hence only brunettes almost scratching the blonde area will be able to have similar features.
Rare does not mean not existent, my friend I mentioned in another post who has ages well also needs mascara on her blonde lashes. Proper blonde? There are many different shades of blonde, and none of them are "proper" or "not proper." I've already said my hair is a natural dark blonde with red undertones, and I was a towhead, my hair darkened into my teens, my heritage is northern European and I have blue eyes. I do not agree that blondes have their own features, it's just coloring, not all northern Europeons are blonde so plenty of women with as dark as medium brown hair will have those type of features, they may come from a mixed heritage and get features from one side, coloring form another. I guarantee a good colorist can make them look like a natural blonde if the skin tone is right for blonde.

Last edited by detshen; 12-25-2012 at 10:51 AM..
 
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
 
7,497 posts, read 9,272,211 times
Reputation: 7394
People are attracted to whom they're attracted to, nothing wrong with that. I got lost somewhere when I read about the blondes and purity thing, but I'll play devil's advocate and say that maybe in some guys that might have some biological merit being that most blond children grow up into a somewhat darker shades so maybe true blondes represent youth pure and simple (even if it's not actually true). I have to say though that there's no way the tan on that "blonde" was real.

I have dark hair and light brown skin and I like darker-haired guys overall but for some reason I tend to attract the attention of the lighter-haired guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top