U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 AM

8,738 posts, read 6,176,360 times

Advertisements

I know when I lost 50 pounds, I was full of wrinkles, looked younger but close up I looked older..I gained 20 pounds again and the wrinkles filled out but I look my age now...it depends on the person and the bone structure too
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 04:13 AM

5,131 posts, read 3,642,102 times
I think it depends on the person. I have always battled with my weight (diet every year in the winter, gain in the summer).

I have a girlfriend who has always been on the thin side because has always been conscious about her weight and watched her calorie intake and eats very low fat meals.

We are the same age (55) and to me, she looks older. Her face doesn't have a healthy glow, her hair looks dried out and she has as many wrinkles as I do LOL. I think watching the intake of fats is good, but not cutting it down so low to the point where the body looks unhealthy.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:53 AM

457 posts, read 962,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I believe it is younger looking to have a nice, fit, toned body but some of the older women in the gym are too fit and toned - they have popping neck vains, strained vulture faces with an expression of constipation and there they are on the stairmaster 3 hours a day - what good is adding a couple of years to your life if you are always hungry and miserable?
Why do you assume that just because they're skinny, they're "hungry and miserable"? I've always been skinny, because I'm very physically active and have an amazing diet. Believe me I've never been hungry and miserable.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM

3,446 posts, read 7,656,988 times
When I say hungry and miserable - I mean those horrible x-figures -40 plus women that look like scarecrows - not nicely thin and healthy women - I am talking when they get really skinny with no fat at all on their hips or butt - come on - they have to miserable - they think they look nice and healthy - but they dont.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,303,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I believe it is younger looking to have a nice, fit, toned body but some of the older women in the gym are too fit and toned - they have popping neck vains, strained vulture faces with an expression of constipation and there they are on the stairmaster 3 hours a day - what good is adding a couple of years to your life if you are always hungry and miserable?
It's true, I've never believed you can be too toned until I've seen this woman at the gym...40ish, on one hand, she had the kind of body most women are striving for - like the fitness model look, very lean, almost no fat on her, all the muscles super toned and defined yet lean, not bulky or overmuscled. And yet - she was sooo not attractive; like seriously, zero sex appeal whatsoever - she wasn't 'butch' per se but there was just something very unisex about her, no curves, no softness, zero femininity, just not sexy. And yes, she had one of those harsh looking faces with sunken-in cheeks and just a tough appearance...Made me realize that after a certain age the amount of working out you do isn't necessarily going to do anything for attractiveness...

Old 03-03-2013, 11:04 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
I think it goes both ways....

The fat people with the double chins,and the turkey necks,sorry,that doesnt make anyone look younger. A fat body does make you look older too.

Too thin,and evenrything looks sunken in.

The best combo? Medium size,or overweight women who don't get fat above the neck.
Thin women with full faces,that works too.

I think the key is too stay within pounds of a certain weight.
If you were obese before 40,to stay younger,I guess stay that way.
If you were thin before 40,try not to gain over 40 pounds.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,515,429 times
You have to be careful with adding pounds to look younger.

Once most middle-aged/elderly people reach a certain weight, the saggy jowls and double chins start to appear...and THAT is NOT youthful.

I think slim, trim and fit is more youthful and healthier for a person, and there is an impressive arsenal of anti-aging tactics for the face one can dabble in once they get the body together, because a fit body is going to cause a person to stand, walk and move younger, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or