Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,082 times

Advertisements

I don't think so. I think women who are thin like twigs look sick and unhealthy. It's better to have some meat on your bones and look somewhat full and plump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times
Im thin and I get mistaken for being younger all the time. I'll be 26 nxt week.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Im thin and I get mistaken for being younger all the time. I'll be 26 nxt week.
But if you stay thin, you'll be mistaken for older when you're 46. Thin works in your favor under about age 40. Past that point, it ages you. A little padding adds the fullness of youth. Of course other factors weigh heavily into the equation as well: smoking, hydration, sun exposure, nutrition, etc.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,229,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
But if you stay thin, you'll be mistaken for older when you're 46. Thin works in your favor under about age 40. Past that point, it ages you. A little padding adds the fullness of youth. Of course other factors weigh heavily into the equation as well: smoking, hydration, sun exposure, nutrition, etc.
Not necessarily. My mom and MIL are both slim and petite and both look at least 5-7 years younger than their ages, 51 and 56. Everyone always comments on how youthful they look. In contrast, many heavier women I know look very matronly even in their 20's and 30's.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
Most thin women that do not benefit from good genetics will undoubtedly look older in the face than a heavier woman of the same age.

Many thin women with expendable income invest in collagen and fat injections that act as fillers in order to diminish wrinkles in areas such as crows feet around the eyes and Marionette lines around the mouth.
Also heavier women benefit from not having that gaunt wrinkled appearance in the cheeks that most thin women eventually succumb to.

Heavier women already have fat cells in the facial area that keeps the skin taught and tight without the need of cosmetic enhancements or remedies that thin women need in order to achieve the same results.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,123 times
Some research findings that pertain to this topic:

How Not to Look Old - TIME

Twin study reveals secrets to looking younger - Health - Skin and beauty | NBC News

Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 AM

945 posts, read 968,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Does a thin body typically make women look young/er?
Of course it does. It also makes them look more desirable.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
No.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Of course it does. It also makes them look more desirable.
That is purely an opinion and preference just as my preference is for heavier women.

The opinion however concerning thinner women appearing young/younger than their heavier counterparts is not just my opinion, but fact.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 AM

945 posts, read 968,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Those factors you list have much more to do with your anecdotal argument than being thin. Thin is how the body is supposed to be, it is healthiness versus being overweight is unhealthy. Youthfulness is linked to health, and it easy to logically conclude than being thin in an apples to apples comparison of people versus being fat would make you "look" younger.

Remember folks, 2/3rd of adult Americans are overweight, so you will overwhelmingly have people defend their own weight issues. There is nothing about being fat that is desirable, healthy or intelligent. It is simply someone who overeats and/or does little or no physical activity. How they can be confused with a more youthful appearance by anyone is beyond me.

"That’s the finding of the latest Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, which shows that 63.1% of adults in the U.S. were either overweight or obese in 2009."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty