U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 991 times

Advertisements

This is a really old post, but I don't see anything wrong with supporting companies we like by wearing their clothes with logos. I love GAP Kids clothes only because I think the styles are adorable and I love the soft t-shirts. I do buy GAP logo clothes for my 5 year old. I wouldn't say GAP is higher end though, would you? I am not trying to act rich. I can afford it and I use 40% off often! lol! I hope other Moms don't think its annoying when my son wears GAP or if I buy polo from TJ Max! Any input??? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:45 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,678,534 times
It really depends, I would say its more of a regional thing. The Nantucket set is all about the preppy look, while the nouveau in places like Los Angeles or Miami broadcast logos like a great flaming billboard.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:56 PM

692 posts, read 804,019 times
everything from thrift stores to stuff paycheck to paycheck folks or even financially secure, but don't own a castle with a stable of designer horses types have never even heard of.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:13 PM

35,907 posts, read 44,058,075 times
When I was a kid, I noticed that the "rich" kids wore crumpled, wrinkled clothes, compared to my neatly ironed ones. I think their parents weren't at all worried about what others would think of them.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:07 PM

19,732 posts, read 54,593,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
When I was a kid, I noticed that the "rich" kids wore crumpled, wrinkled clothes, compared to my neatly ironed ones. I think their parents weren't at all worried about what others would think of them.
Probably linen.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:18 AM

1,509 posts, read 958,697 times
Though I am not wealthy by any stretch, I occasionally meet people who are because of my work. In Texas at least, the strong magority of the wealthy dress like everybody else.

I used to meet some wealthy individuals through my work. A few times, these people wore clothing (I dont know anything about brands) that strongly appeared to have cost a great deal of money. On one or two occasions, I saw what I suspected was 'bespoke' or completely customized tailoring. At the end of the day though, distinct clothing amongst the wealthy here seems to be rare.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:05 AM

33 posts, read 30,795 times
I wear whatever I feel like wearing. Depends on my mood,really. Some days it may be Versace,Hermes,or Calvin Klein&other days it might be Hot Topic,Fashion Bug,Ralph Lauren or Pierre Cardin. Or even Old Navy,or Jaclyn Smith. It just depends on what kind of clothes I'm in the mood to wear. As long as I like it,I will wear it,brand/label notwithstanding. I shop both in thrift stores&high end retail. To me,it's more about how one carries oneself&puts themselves together,not what labels they wear. When one has money,one can&will wear whatever they want to. I know someone who has millions,but dresses like most would think a broke beach bum might dress. So,there you have it. Hope that helps,late to the post though it may be.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:17 AM

33 posts, read 30,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I won't buy the Lauren with the big pony. I think it's crass.
I agree. It's kind of like a little child yelling 'Look at me! Look at what I have!'

Old 12-06-2017, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 322 times
I go to private school and we normally wear gucci sneakers or steve madden shoes (I like steve madden more) we have uniforms but our weekend outfits consist of LF, Brandy Melville, Lulu Lemon, American Eagle, hollister, etc. But some kids at my school tend to go overboard and wear their christians, yeezys, and supreme jackets and sweatshirts (bape too) to school but I like to stick to a less flashy style and more classy

Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 33 times
As a parent, we know most of the times it is difficult to find clothes that would appeal to kids. Rich kids are generally avoiding dressing in messy clothes. They focus on bright and cheerful clothes that inspire creativity & looks elegant. Olesia is a very popular kids clothing brand in India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or