Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
28 sounded crazy to me too, at first, but now when I try on my old 32 band bras I realize they provide zero support and really only "fit" in the sense that they totally covered my bust.
Do you think they just stretched over time by being laundered? I always try to dry bras for only like 10-15 minutes to take the water out then I hang them on a rack. I do the same thing with jeans that have spandex in them. They seem to last longer than before I started doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,848,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
Do you think they just stretched over time by being laundered? I always try to dry bras for only like 10-15 minutes to take the water out then I hang them on a rack. I do the same thing with jeans that have spandex in them. They seem to last longer than before I started doing this.
All bras stretch with wear. But I 100% agree with UE. Once I got the proper fitting bra it was absolutely a revaluation how much more support and more comfortable it was that the other sizes I was wearing. They were around 6 inches too large in the band. And several cups too small.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,084 times
Wow, ya 6 inches is too much to be explained by normal wear. lol

Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,519,206 times
Victoria's Secret bras have such crappy quality as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,903,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
You should really look into special sizes, see if you can find a place to try one on. 28 sounded crazy to me too, at first, but now when I try on my old 32 band bras I realize they provide zero support and really only "fit" in the sense that they totally covered my bust.
Yes, I think I will. Now I'm intrigued even though I do not want to pay out the butt for bras. I really want to be able to just go to a pro in person. While figleaves seems nice, I don't want to have to order 20 bras just to get one right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
The Danskin ones. I bought one and wore it once to work out. Then I immediately went back and got three more because they were so comfortable. These are the best!

And I had also forgotten about figleaves.com. That's a great site.
Yup! The better never change or stop making them. I have had mine for years!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM

VS also follows the "size you into a size we carry" philosophy. So they'll ignore proper fit fundamentals in order to get you to buy a bra, any bra. And I ended up with all kinds of double boob and spillage effects.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,535,486 times
I am a D size cup and my boobs don't have "lift" to them (pointing at the floor is my accurate description) I was talked into buying a bra at VS by a friend of mine. She said they were so comfortable, good support, blah blah blah... Anyways, I went to VS, went into the change room, got measured by the sales clerk and she comes in with a few bras for me to try on. I bought two of the only kind that felt comfortable. I wore one for the first two days and got SO sore on my ribcage where the wire rested when I sat down. I didn't wear it for a couple of days until the soreness disappeared and tried it again. Same thing all over again. I ended up cutting the seam at the sides and pulled the wires out with pliers. There! That felt better.

Ok, now the funny part. I was out shopping in one a few weeks later and bent over to retrieve a scarf that I had dropped. My boob fell right out above the cup. When I straightened up, I had to discreetly tuck it back in.
I RARELY wear these two bras any more and won't go back to VS for a bra. Sears lingerie department seems to be my choice of places to find decent bras.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I am a D size cup and my boobs don't have "lift" to them (pointing at the floor is my accurate description) I was talked into buying a bra at VS by a friend of mine. She said they were so comfortable, good support, blah blah blah... Anyways, I went to VS, went into the change room, got measured by the sales clerk and she comes in with a few bras for me to try on. I bought two of the only kind that felt comfortable. I wore one for the first two days and got SO sore on my ribcage where the wire rested when I sat down. I didn't wear it for a couple of days until the soreness disappeared and tried it again. Same thing all over again. I ended up cutting the seam at the sides and pulled the wires out with pliers. There! That felt better.

Ok, now the funny part. I was out shopping in one a few weeks later and bent over to retrieve a scarf that I had dropped. My boob fell right out above the cup. When I straightened up, I had to discreetly tuck it back in.
I RARELY wear these two bras any more and won't go back to VS for a bra. Sears lingerie department seems to be my choice of places to find decent bras.
Based on your description, your band likely is way too big. You should try getting refitted ASAP. And the underwires might be too wide for your frame. You could have close set breasts (I do) so for me many brands have pokey underwires.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,198,303 times
I buy VS bras and can tell you that one 32D is not the same as the other 32D.. It's as simple as that. You may notice that some have "push up" padding in them. This will make them very small on you. If they are meant to wear with Tshirts they will be more "coverage".

I have to wear a 36DD that is for FULL figure women because my boobs are just huge and a need the extra coverage that goes up the sides of them. Thus I can only wear 1 or 2 styles at VS.. Anything else makes me pop out all over the place.

So you may be a 32D - full coverage. Big difference.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,927,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I just went to the store to return the bras. 32DD fit much better, everything was secured in place and holstered nicely. The only thing is there is no way I'm a DD. When I look in the mirror I see a b-cup, full c tops. Maybe I'm just used to my size or expect big boobs to looks like saline orbs. Victorias secret is so ridiculous. If they will run so small, they should start selling larger sizes in stores because a true 34 D will not fit into what VS has in store.

What a joke! I'm starting to think their target market is girls aged 11-18.
I think when they strated writing "PINK" on the butt of everything.......they were targeting 11-18

I stopped buying from VS along time ago...... Jeans seem to be for those 6 ft tall, the tops are made for girls with no breast and the bras do seem to always fit differently. When the front cover began to look more like "Playboy" I stopped the magazine from coming to my house....I also had noticed before I canceled I was not getting as many magazines in the mailbox, I soon discovered my 14 yr old son and his friends found the magazine quite interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty