U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 PM

26,877 posts, read 28,154,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Where can you get Agent Provocateur in the U.S.?

VS bras are too big for me. It makes me sad cause I can afford them on sale. they also tried to fit me into whatever size they could get me into just to sell a bra. i was not having it. Wacoal is the only brand I can try on in person that makes my size but even they don't make that many options in my size. its annoying. that, and they are expensive. I spent almost 60 bucks on my black one from them. It fits beautifully and is really pretty so its worth it but I can't afford that all the time.
There are stores. One in SF. But if you found Wacoal expensive, A.P. will seem like a car payment.

Also try Nordstroms, they tend to be pretty well stocked with bras Wacoal and many other brands. Nordstrom Rack is a great resource! I almost always find a bra there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,128,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There are stores. One in SF. But if you found Wacoal expensive, A.P. will seem like a car payment.

Also try Nordstroms, they tend to be pretty well stocked with bras Wacoal and many other brands. Nordstrom Rack is a great resource! I almost always find a bra there.
I checked our nord rack and they don't have anything smaller than 32 and its only in a D cup . I need 30 DDD. As for a regular nords, I have to drive up to Phx but I'm always there anyways.

does AP ever go on sale???

Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I checked our nord rack and they don't have anything smaller than 32 and its only in a D cup . I need 30 DDD. As for a regular nords, I have to drive up to Phx but I'm always there anyways.

does AP ever go on sale???
It does! My friend racked up before her wedding.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,128,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It does! My friend racked up before her wedding.
Yes!! unfortunately I don't live in SF and haven't been in 6 years . do they do online ordering?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 977 times
Bra sizes have to be the same across the brands. It's so important, especially for women wearing large bust apparel. I don't understand why VS should be different...
dd-atelier.com

Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,623,814 times
VS bras are for the IBTC, and no one else. Cacique is for the "I don't need no stankin support" large-breasted VS lovers, because both companies use the same completely useless spandex sides and back elastics.

Now that I know how to properly fit myself for a bra, I realize that I never wore the right size - or style - when I was younger. In fact, the only thing I got right about it then, was that I knew to buy an underwire, and -not- a pushup or demi style.

My most recent purchase was a Wacoal, size 34H. The one prior to that was an Elomi, size 38F. The 38F stretched out some, but not much. The most significant change is the brand, which explains the change in sizing. I don't look any different from when I was wearing a 36DD, five years ago. But then, I was wearing Olgas.

I've never EVER been able to fit properly in a VS, and frankly, I'm not disappointed. They're overpriced, cheap, flimsy product that is designed to stretch out and make you buy a few each time, and re-buy them every few months. The ones I wear, cost more, but I only need to buy one every year.

Edited to add: just in case you wonder if these "ridiculously huge grand-ma sized bras" are stylish - here's the one I bought from Wacoal:

http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/w...ra_851166.html

Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
VS bras are for the IBTC, and no one else. Cacique is for the "I don't need no stankin support" large-breasted VS lovers, because both companies use the same completely useless spandex sides and back elastics.

Now that I know how to properly fit myself for a bra, I realize that I never wore the right size - or style - when I was younger. In fact, the only thing I got right about it then, was that I knew to buy an underwire, and -not- a pushup or demi style.

My most recent purchase was a Wacoal, size 34H. The one prior to that was an Elomi, size 38F. The 38F stretched out some, but not much. The most significant change is the brand, which explains the change in sizing. I don't look any different from when I was wearing a 36DD, five years ago. But then, I was wearing Olgas.

I've never EVER been able to fit properly in a VS, and frankly, I'm not disappointed. They're overpriced, cheap, flimsy product that is designed to stretch out and make you buy a few each time, and re-buy them every few months. The ones I wear, cost more, but I only need to buy one every year.

Edited to add: just in case you wonder if these "ridiculously huge grand-ma sized bras" are stylish - here's the one I bought from Wacoal:

Wacoal® All Dressed Up Underwire Bra 851166 at Wacoal-America.com
I am jealous you can wear wacoals. They have lots of elegant and sophisticated styles. But sadly, I really need something like a 34I or so if I were to fit in the Wacaols. These days, it looks like the horribly "grandma looking" bras like these:
Ada White Plunge Bra | Freya Lingerie
Dionne Black Balcony Bra | Freya Lingerie
Natasha Balconnet Bra | Panache Cleo Collection | Panache Lingerie

Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 AM

15 posts, read 8,758 times
I personally have very small breasts, and I ordered a bra from VS one time, I think it was the cotton bra... And it was so big! :O
It also hurted to wear it.. I didn't like the feeling of it at all, so never wore it again.. I don't know about the rest of their bra's, never tried them.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM

13,107 posts, read 17,646,574 times
I have never found a bra that would fit me right and that is probably the reason I dont go clothes shopping that often because there is always one sales clerk that likes to go into the fitting booth when you are trying clothes on . I hate that and it is embarassing when you cant ever get a good fitting bra they are either too big or too small or the clerk leaves you there in the booth and cold . Nope will probably never get a bra to fit because of that . I cant buy one online because they dont fit right at all ...oh well yeah can feel you all s pain with the bra buying and searching for em .

Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 PM

13,107 posts, read 17,646,574 times
whoa 52.00 that is not anywhere near my budget sorry but just cannot afford 52 a pop for a bra whoa .that is just ridiculous and beyond belief that someone would pay that sorry not trying to offend anyone just cant believe it is all . Knowing my luck that most likely would not fit me either LOL !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty