U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 PM

13,103 posts, read 17,634,355 times

Advertisements

I would never go to walmarts they make me sick .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
VS new Fabulous line up goes up to 38DDD, so perhaps they are changing their ways. Though I'm sure they'll only carry up to C cups in the stores and still only hire petite snooty little scamps to work there.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:00 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I have never found a bra that would fit me right and that is probably the reason I dont go clothes shopping that often because there is always one sales clerk that likes to go into the fitting booth when you are trying clothes on . I hate that and it is embarassing when you cant ever get a good fitting bra they are either too big or too small or the clerk leaves you there in the booth and cold . Nope will probably never get a bra to fit because of that . I cant buy one online because they dont fit right at all ...oh well yeah can feel you all s pain with the bra buying and searching for em .
Have you tried measuring yourself?
Thin and Curvy: How to measure your bra size, the correct way!

You may be surprised at what size you REALLY are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
whoa 52.00 that is not anywhere near my budget sorry but just cannot afford 52 a pop for a bra whoa .that is just ridiculous and beyond belief that someone would pay that sorry not trying to offend anyone just cant believe it is all . Knowing my luck that most likely would not fit me either LOL !!!!
Some of us don't have a choice. I'm a 36GG and that size is not sold in stores. My bras are usually around $60 a pop if I can manage to find them on sale on ebay.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Some of us don't have a choice. I'm a 36GG and that size is not sold in stores. My bras are usually around $60 a pop if I can manage to find them on sale on ebay.
Yup same here, I am also in the annoying size club, your sister size: 34H! (although Freya's and Cleo's tend to be a little cheaper than Fantasie's and Panache's $60 retail. Freya and Fantasie fit me better than Panache and Cleo)

Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup same here, I am also in the annoying size club, your sister size: 34H! (although Freya's and Cleo's tend to be a little cheaper than Fantasie's and Panache's $60 retail. Freya and Fantasie fit me better than Panache and Cleo)
I have a Panache and a Cleo and both make my boobs look like torpedos...almost no support whatsoever. I just don't think my breast shape was meant for those bras.

I really wish Fredericks made bras in my size (I can squeeze into a 38F, though it doesn't fit quite right) because they're very comfortable, cheap and come in all kinds of fancy colors and styles.

It would be nice to find a molded cup bra that was under $60 or so that actually fit me and gave me decent support. One can wish

Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I have a Panache and a Cleo and both make my boobs look like torpedos...almost no support whatsoever. I just don't think my breast shape was meant for those bras.

I really wish Fredericks made bras in my size (I can squeeze into a 38F, though it doesn't fit quite right) because they're very comfortable, cheap and come in all kinds of fancy colors and styles.

It would be nice to find a molded cup bra that was under $60 or so that actually fit me and gave me decent support. One can wish
Hmm try Freya. I got a Deco a few weeks ago. It wa $63 and comes in lots of colors. Panache and Cleo are too wide for me and end up poking my underarms.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,605,701 times
Not sure, but, I think the most I've spent for a bra is $15. Cannot imagine paying $50 or more.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Not sure, but, I think the most I've spent for a bra is $15. Cannot imagine paying $50 or more.
I don't want to pay more. But the alternatives are pretty dire.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:

You've probably seen this blog before, but this woman shows how to make a pointy bra more rounded. Doesn't solve the price issue, you'll have to move to the UK or Poland and stalk sales racks for that issue.

Bras I Hate & Love: Alterations

Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 PM

13,103 posts, read 17,634,355 times
Quote:
Have you tried measuring yourself?
Thin and Curvy: How to measure your bra size, the correct way!

You may be surprised at what size you REALLY are.

wow yes I have tried measuring myself and it is a no go cause I had a brain injury some years ago and it effects how I read and stuff and understanding . I am on disability so I cant afford 60.00 for a bra no matter too much money since Im on a monthly budget that does not include much of anything . i was just saying for me a 60.00 bra is not doable at all .the last time i went the fitter embarassed me so bad I will never be fitted again and she kept saying stuff like dont you hear me ? did you not just hear me and stuff like that so we left my cousin was with me .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty