U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:08 PM

672 posts, read 1,738,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a Panache and a Cleo and both make my boobs look like torpedos...almost no support whatsoever. I just don't think my breast shape was meant for those bras.

I really wish Fredericks made bras in my size (I can squeeze into a 38F, though it doesn't fit quite right) because they're very comfortable, cheap and come in all kinds of fancy colors and styles.

It would be nice to find a molded cup bra that was under $60 or so that actually fit me and gave me decent support. One can wish

The torpedo shape might also be due to your natural breast shape - top heavy, middle or bottom heavy. You should figure out which you are and find bras that work for that shape. Bras I Hate & Love: How to Figure Out The Shape Of Your Boobs I am bottom heavy so some bras that look gorgeous will not work with my natural breast shape like the Masquerade Rhea.

As for cost, once I figured out what size I was in Panache etc, I have stalked Amazon and ebay. Amazon will discount certain sizes and colors for a lot of bras = awesome! Amazon also has a lot of free shipping and free return deals. I am just over the edge in regards to size of being able to buy in a store but IMO, really a lot of what's available in American chain stores is hideous (barring VS - pretty bras but don't work worth a darn). Also, a bra that costs more will last longer if taken care of (not machine washed etc).

As a side note, it really makes me angry that people are getting embarrassed etc by sales people to the point that they accept that they have to crappy, ill fitting bras because of the terrible help in the stores. Stores have got to improve their customer service! As an alternative, there are a lot of women bloggers who are willing to help get ladies sized right either via email, over skype etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,269,143 times
I know some people don't care for them but I have good luck with Cacique (Lane Bryant) bras. They run between $30 and $50 BUT there is almost always a sale, BOGO half off, clearance, coupons, etc., which means I never pay more than $20 really and I hand wash, hang to dry and they last me for years.

Plus once I know my size in a particular style I can often find the same bra, new with tags, on eBay much cheaper.

I am a 38 D and I've been wearing Cacique bras for years because they fit ME well, and they are sexy and pretty with good straps. I gave up on VS a lifetime ago, even when I could find one that fit the straps were ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty