U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer winter or summer fashion for YOURSELF
Winter, I'm a female 10 29.41%
Winter, I'm a male 10 29.41%
Summer, I'm a female 11 32.35%
Summer, I'm a male 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,290,667 times

Advertisements

cute sandal wedges, a knee length skirt, and feminine top maybe with a bright cardigan. White pants, jeans, and short. White pants with a brightly colored top for an evening out. I love summer fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 08:39 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,073,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55degrees View Post
I'm from Chicago, so I've seen plenty of both summer and winter fashion. Somehow, winter fashion seems more sophisticated to me, but that may be because I love a good pea coat.
I agree. I'm from the north too, so I love layering warm sweaters and funky jackets, hats, all that jazz...

Where I live in the south gets hot & humid as crap in the summer, which is no fun for fashion.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM

34,916 posts, read 43,055,359 times
Here in Savannah it's been pretty cold lately, so I've gotten to wear a few coats and sweaters that I haven't worn for years. I wore my UGGS for the second time in 3 years LOL.
Yesterday I went to the mall to check out some sales, and I could not make myself want to buy anything remotely warm. I know what's coming and I ain't falling for it. I only spend on warm weather clothing because I have enough basic cold weather clothing to last a long time.
I think it's interesting that the women here seem to wear cute jackets even in the hot summer months, and as soon as fall hits on the calendar, they tend to start with the fur vests and the boots. Not me, I cannot get naked enough in this climate.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM

365 posts, read 388,834 times
Really? I love the winter... for dressing up. Long sleeve shirt with some dress pants with a white shirt underneath. Over the top of it all with a very fashionable coat. It's always the best looking time for me is in the winter. Maybe cause everyone around here in [michigan] dresses for it. I've always been one for winter cause you can dress up more often, cause it will not be so hot.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM

34,916 posts, read 43,055,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post
Really? I love the winter... for dressing up. Long sleeve shirt with some dress pants with a white shirt underneath. Over the top of it all with a very fashionable coat. It's always the best looking time for me is in the winter. Maybe cause everyone around here in [michigan] dresses for it. I've always been one for winter cause you can dress up more often, cause it will not be so hot.
It's not that I don't like fall and winter clothes, I love them, but it is too hot here for me to tolerate them.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM

748 posts, read 1,363,222 times
Summer all the way! Love my flip flops!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,093,000 times
I hate doing laundry in the winter - its crazy...and the amount of $$$ for dry cleaning (for the coats).
Altho people in the winter looks their best because they wear coats, nice jacket, etc.
While in the Summer, you will see who has been slacking / dormant during the winter time!

For me here, Spring and Summer are the same color scheme - bright.
Fall - its more like maple red, tan, navy blue, grey, brown
Winter -- black, dark grey and dark blue (depressing colors)

So I like any seasons clothing but winter....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty