U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,445,810 times

Advertisements

Eye shadow!! I love their eye shadow! What would I avoid? I don't know, just point me in the direction of the eye shadow and I'm gravy baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,257,622 times
I want to check out NYX. Where do they sell it? I want to get my brushes from NYX.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,257,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Eye shadow!! I love their eye shadow! What would I avoid? I don't know, just point me in the direction of the eye shadow and I'm gravy baby.

Seriously, I was "playing" with the eye shadows for probably over 20 minutes.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,431,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I want to check out NYX. Where do they sell it? I want to get my brushes from NYX.
Online of course...

And I have seen it at: Ulta, Various Chain Drugstores, Grocery Store (big ones)

Store locator:
Find NYX in Your Area | NYX Cosmetics

(site with stuff on it as well, click around. If you are a makeup dork you will spot the dupes right away)

I never tried them but from what I hear the brushes are not that great.
And just like MAC check the reviews on colors before buying them.

Its one of the best black's for the price. I can use the black shadow as a fake liquid liner almost and it doesn't end up everywhere. (pencil base + tips pure powder = brush *)

* = Maybelline Angled Definer Brush Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,152,634 times
Bronzer, studio fix, eyebrow glue, lipglosses..Love Mac!!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,577,670 times
Painteur in Untitled and Bamboom. That stuff is fabulous. Also the concealer, the creamier consistency one. And the gel eyeliners.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,431,475 times
I can NOT get the gel eyeliners to work. They always come out clumpy/skippy and I go back to pencil with powder or cake.

What is causing the clump? Should I use a bit of olive oil on my lid or something first?
Brush suggestions?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 AM

748 posts, read 1,357,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
and what would you avoid?
Yeah i'd spend it, shoot $100.00 isn't nothing when buying good makeup. I've spent as much as $400.00 at a time at Sephora before, so $100.00 don't seem like a whole lot to spend on makeup. If it was me i'd probably buy a few eyeshadows with it maybe a blush, after all how much are you going to get with $100.00 at MAC any way? I'd probably stay away from their lipgloss, I never much cared for it but that's just my personal opinion. If you $100.00 and want to spend it at MAC go for it and get what you want, not what someone else wants!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,577,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I can NOT get the gel eyeliners to work. They always come out clumpy/skippy and I go back to pencil with powder or cake.

What is causing the clump? Should I use a bit of olive oil on my lid or something first?
Brush suggestions?
I have a short, stiff angled brush. First, I put on the Painteur over the whole lid and give it a minute to set. Then I touch the whole slanted edge onto the gel in the pot, then touch that whole slanted edge right on my lash line, lift and touch on the next space on my lash line until I have a series of connected dashes if that makes sense. Once I have that, I turn the brush over so just the point of the bristles is at the lash line and gently drag that thru the dashes from inner to outer corner to smooth out the line. If I want a cat's eye, I dip again and work a second line of dashes from mid-eye out beyond the corner just barely above the first one and repeat the drag thru, but this time not turning the brush over so that I make sure the two rows of dashes are filled in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty