Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,679,434 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a line of bras that the under wires are closer together on the inside line over your heart.
Most bras seem to have that little "u"' gap that have and underwire. Sports bras fit m best anymore but I need something that can be worn under t-shirts and blouses. The U shape cuts into my chest even though the cup size is big enough. (no top or side spill, just fill) Most bras are just too wide set. I usually end up stitching the U together. LOL. It doesn't poke or leave red marks, it just doesn't fully encapsulate I guess you could say. Wire is flush to my ribs. No under arm pokes.

I think I am also giving up on cheap bras....
I have been working out my chest area to bulk it up but it keeps tucking in dang it!
So I guess my natural ribs are just going to be 26-28 unless I go hardcore which..no..not into working out like that.LOL

Ribs: 26.5
Bust: 34-35 (changes with upper body workout and pms by about an inch)

I prefer full coverage as I am active and don't want to worry about discomfort or popping out due to movement.

I was thinking of getting something that is "the bra" of all high end bras and trying to sew some copies as a project.

Suggest away!

Is there a huge difference in a FF to G in terms of fit? I just want something that can get me through regular days and doesn't double boob on me during pms or workout phases.

I really like anything with foam shaping for modesty like your typical t-shirt bras.
Padding is a no go. It looks stupid on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,763,625 times
Close set breasts? From what I've read you better get well acquainted with a needle and thread. The alteration doesn't look too difficult, though.

boobiusmaximus: A quick post on bra alteration

Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,679,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Close set breasts? From what I've read you better get well acquainted with a needle and thread. The alteration doesn't look too difficult, though.

boobiusmaximus: A quick post on bra alteration

Thats what I do on the top of the U now of 32Ds with stretch. LOL

Maybe the proper size stitched would be even better.

I have this dress that is meant to be worn bra-less. Its a 50's style sundress and the chest has foam shaping and the way it zips up it feels like the best bra ever. I want THAT in a bra. It didn't have stretch like a lot of modern bars so. I think that kinda adds to the issue of ill fitting bras. Too soft of a stretchy fabric used on larger cup sizes.

Another issue with smaller band sizes with larger cups: They make the piece that goes under the arm too skinny and it doesn't add support. The cut of the curve is too dynamic and would better supportive of a b cup.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,736,145 times
Try Freya bras. They are narrower than other bras. Fantasie too. I find that Panache and Cleo are too wide for me, but those are usually good as is. (32HH ish here). The tricky thing is your band size....Freya has 28 but some styles are very stretchy. 26 is not easy to find.

Also look for a bra with stretch lace cups or stretchy lace on the top to deal with increases during PMS. Good luck!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,763,625 times
To my knowledge, Ewa Michalak is the only commercially available 26 band (and they do special orders), but you have to muddle through their Polish website to order.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
To my knowledge, Ewa Michalak is the only commercially available 26 band (and they do special orders), but you have to muddle through their Polish website to order.
I think there is one other Polish brand that is even harder to find that starts with a K. Perhaps it was Krisline?

UE: I am going to reference your fave blog.
Thin and Curvy

Lots of good bra sizing info here.

OP: I understand your pain, I have "forward pointing" and "close-set" breasts. So many bras are too wide in the underwire for me, pokey and uncomfortable.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,668,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Ribs: 26.5
Bust: 34-35 (changes with upper body workout and pms by about an inch)

Is there a huge difference in a FF to G in terms of fit? I just want something that can get me through regular days and doesn't double boob on me during pms or me.
FF typically only exists on the UK sizing chart and when it does it is exactly one cup smaller then G. If 26 bands existed, you would be a 26G. So trying a 28FF would be a good idea and then maybe having a 28G for those fuller days might be okay or just too big. It goes DDD/E, F, FF, G, GG. On the UK scald with G being +9 inches. If the bras you are looking at don't use that scale then they are probably an American G which is smaller then a UK FF. Usually by one cup.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
FF typically only exists on the UK sizing chart and when it does it is exactly one cup smaller then G. If 26 bands existed, you would be a 26G. So trying a 28FF would be a good idea and then maybe having a 28G for those fuller days might be okay or just too big. It goes DDD/E, F, FF, G, GG. On the UK scald with G being +9 inches. If the bras you are looking at don't use that scale then they are probably an American G which is smaller then a UK FF. Usually by one cup.

The double letters feel like a half a cup in UK brands. (Freya, Panache). You should choose a bra with flexible construction for when you grow a bit. I find this bra is pretty great for that!

Panache Andorra Plunge Underwire Bra 5676 at BareNecessities.com

(Panache's Adorra). The only drawback is I find the cups a little wide. But it is one of the few Panaches that are tolerable for me. It is on sale, definitely worth a try. The cups are stretchy lace, and I go up like a half a cup to a full cup with PMS so it is perfect. [it comes in way more sizes...google it. I have it in HH in two different bands. The band I think is a little snug. So 28 should be pretty good for you. Also it goes on clearance in many colors every season.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty