U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,168,725 times

Advertisements

And just think...these are the people who are considered "fashion forward".

lol And people wonder why the average person doesn't give to hoots about what others consider fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 04:34 PM

692 posts, read 789,472 times
Quote:
you do realize that people pay to attend fashion shows, not get paid to attend, right?
Who pays to attend fashion week? Heck celebs are paid just to show up. I doubt authentic fashion industry folk, celebs and women with money than God pay a cover charge. As for buying tickets, once Chanel starts making them available on ticketmaster, may the fastest modem win.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM

862 posts, read 1,169,412 times
...but I thought Europeans dressed better... I mean, someone even made a thread where people worshiped the way Europeans dress!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,436,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Who pays to attend fashion week? Heck celebs are paid just to show up. I doubt authentic fashion industry folk, celebs and women with money than God pay a cover charge. As for buying tickets, once Chanel starts making them available on ticketmaster, may the fastest modem win.
Fashion Week Tickets - 10 Tips for Securing Them

http://www2.seetickets.com/lfw/price.asp?code=676415&userid={D3B30141-790F-4885-8722-738FE91AD5A7}&filler1=id1lfw&filler2=multiid1lfw&d pts=&type=plat

How can I buy tickets to fashion week? | Live Runway.com

Charity donation are involved frequently.

10 Facts about Fashion Week You Did Not Know! | All Women Stalk
"including runway shows, charity events, gala dinners and accessory showcases."

Every show is different.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM

3,138 posts, read 3,962,554 times
Most of us realize that it's CONCEPTUAL ART, intended to make Men's Fashion (which actually changes very little) more exciting. There's usually some sort of schtick to a show.

And actually, the wooden planks are subtly keyed to each of the subtly differing neutral-on-neutral-on-neutral color palettes the models are wearing. That's really neat. It helps get the concept across in rather an elegant way.

But these shows can end with really gorgeous men in swimwear (in contrast to so many of the models, who are scrawny, ugly little things, with disgusting grease-mop hairdos), so that kind of helps us keep our focus.

I keep a good pair of lorgnettes, ostensibly to check out the hand-stitching on the lapels. But mostly, it's to check out the goodies in the swim trunks and underwear. I live for the day when I'll be front row, so that I can look at those things from a really revealing angle.

But in the Communist dictatorship which has replaced Great Britain, I'm totally shocked that models in BLACKFACE would have been allowed. In that totalitarian, politically-correct nightmare society, such a thing is normally an excuse to throw people into prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or