U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM

12,245 posts, read 8,145,660 times

Advertisements

I really dislike these types of posts. Society puts pressure on both sexes men have to be ripped these days & women have be skinnky. Why single out women alone? The point is to move past what society thinks you SHOULD be dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM

10,331 posts, read 10,482,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
...if you're fat, you're essentially no longer a person worthy of respect.
It's unfortunate, but true. We have a lot of posters who have been in and out of this forum who have furthered that mindset. I know a lot of smart, intelligent and hard working people who happen to be overweight. Not everyone is physically gifted. I know a few people who are physically gifted but are dumber than a bag of hammers. My wife is an awesome person. She would have been written off by a lot of posters here, and many more out there in society. Their loss, really.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,503,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Just having fun
It's cool. I'm presently on a diet. Which is hard as balls to stay on. Weight watcher points are rough.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,503,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
And I am married to a beautiful woman who carries some extra weight on her frame. She pressures herself to lose weight much more so than I do. I support her efforts because it is important to her. I want her to change for herself and nobody else. If she did not want to lose weight I would be perfectly satisfied with her.
You are a good person. And I saw your wife she is a pretty lady.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,835,422 times
The 'health' argument is BS in my mind. Are obese people unhealthy? Yes. But I've never seen a thread started by a man who has complained that his wife/girlfriend is too thin and needs to gain some weight to be healthier...

Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,085,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The 'health' argument is BS in my mind. Are obese people unhealthy? Yes. But I've never seen a thread started by a man who has complained that his wife/girlfriend is too thin and needs to gain some weight to be healthier...
If she was sickly thin and I can count her ribs from across the room you don't think I am going to try to get her medical attention? That's certainly not attractive. Have some faith in people, not all of us are bad

Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,835,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
If she was sickly thin and I can count her ribs from across the room you don't think I am going to try to get her medical attention? That's certainly not attractive. Have some faith in people, not all of us are bad
Of course not, but I can guarantee most men would prefer a sickly thin woman to a plump one, unfortunately.

1,793 posts, read 2,598,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yea i've never heard a guy encourage a woman to gain weight either. I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.

What bothers me more is guys who have a girlfriend who is a perfectly healthy weight, like those pictures you showed me in the other thread, but that's not good enough for him and he pressures her to lose weight until she's all stick and bones. I don't think that is a very nice or humane thing to do to someone that you supposedly care about.

42,301 posts, read 49,905,562 times
Unrealistic weight expectations

I don't get the question.
What expectations?
Who expects me to be rib-plucking skinny?

The only expectation I feel is to pay my taxes and make sure I don't water my lawn on the wrong days.
I really don't understand who expects women to be anorexic wastoid looking. I've never heard anyone say they expect women to look like that. I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 PM

2,079 posts, read 2,483,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I really dislike these types of posts. Society puts pressure on both sexes men have to be ripped these days & women have be skinnky. Why single out women alone? The point is to move past what society thinks you SHOULD be dating.
you're kidding, right? the majority of people i see walking around nowadays are disgustingly overweight...both sexes. the only pressure i see is on belt buckles and waist linings of trousers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty