U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM

11,387 posts, read 12,656,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Haha, all my threads end up going badly.
Nah...

Guys see thin gals as cheap dates. (how much could she possibly eat) joking.

If you fight a guy can say of a thin gal, "pff I can take her."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Unrealistic weight expectations

I don't get the question.
What expectations?
Who expects me to be rib-plucking skinny?

The only expectation I feel is to pay my taxes and make sure I don't water my lawn on the wrong days.
I really don't understand who expects women to be anorexic wastoid looking. I've never heard anyone say they expect women to look like that. I don't know what you're talking about.
My ex got on my case constantly about losing weight. He hung pictures in the bathroom of super skinny runway models and went so far as to throw away most of my food and only left lettuce and veggies. He was very vocal about wanting me to be at the 120# mark, as that was his 'goal' for me.

I've mentioned on here before that when I graduated from college (for the third time...) instead of congratulating me, my aunts told me I should lose weight.

So yeah...it does happen.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 PM

1,793 posts, read 2,592,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
you're kidding, right? the majority of people i see walking around nowadays are disgustingly overweight...both sexes. the only pressure i see is on belt buckles and waist linings of trousers.
Don't get me wrong, i agree that there are a lot of really big people out there who could stand to get their asses gym. Especially at a Phillies game on dollar dog day!

However, i feel sorry for those women who are already at a healthy weight but feel like that's not good enough, and they end up becoming anorexic because society or their douchebag boyfriend puts a lot of pressure on them.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My ex got on my case constantly about losing weight. He hung pictures in the bathroom of super skinny runway models and went so far as to throw away most of my food and only left lettuce and veggies. He was very vocal about wanting me to be at the 120# mark, as that was his 'goal' for me.

I've mentioned on here before that when I graduated from college (for the third time...) instead of congratulating me, my aunts told me I should lose weight.

So yeah...it does happen.
See, this is really mean. That's awful. If he's that picky about wanting a 120 lb woman, he should have just found one instead of putting you through hell. But in my opinion, i could care less what a woman's "number on the scale" is, so long as she looks attractive.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 18 days ago)

10,285 posts, read 10,446,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You are a good person. And I saw your wife she is a pretty lady.
Thank you! She certainly is!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
See, this is really mean. That's awful. If he's that picky about wanting a 120 lb woman, he should have just found one instead of putting you through hell. But in my opinion, i could care less what a woman's "number on the scale" is, so long as she looks attractive.
Oh, he found one. And he 'accidentally' sent me an invitation to his wedding just to rub it in.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 18 days ago)

10,285 posts, read 10,446,371 times
Quote:
But in my opinion, i could care less what a woman's "number on the scale" is, so long as she looks attractive.
Same here. And "attractive" is relative. It's as varied a definition as each one of us are different from one another. There is no perfect woman for society. But there are lots of perfect women to individuals.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM

2,079 posts, read 2,476,392 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, i agree that there are a lot of really big people out there who could stand to get their asses gym. Especially at a Phillies game on dollar dog day!

However, i feel sorry for those women who are already at a healthy weight but feel like that's not good enough, and they end up becoming anorexic because society or their douchebag boyfriend puts a lot of pressure on them.
if women are easily brainwashed or manipulated by what society says they should be, then i don't want to date those women. i prefer independent thinkers. as for the douchebag boyfriend thing, you're right about that, but then again, they can always break up with those d-bags. i know women at work who stick with their sh!*ty boyfriends for no reason. it makes me sick how they are willing to stick with someone who inflicts emotional terrorism on them like that. it's not my problem that they are too stupid to cut ties before they develop an eating disorder.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, i just have to ask you. Where do you find these people?? Are there actually people like this? And i thought my sister dated some real losers... but her ex boyfriends don't hold a candle to these awful guys you get stuck with. My sister's guys were the slacker type with no job, who always bummed money off her. But these guys you find are just cruel, awful human beings!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
Yes and it's so wrong. I'm not saying that obese shouldn't be mentioned because that is a health risk but too often average and slightly overweight women are attacked, often by much fatter men. At one point I weighed 125 pounds at 5'7 and my then boyfriend called me fat. I see men on dating sites who are obese stating "no fatties".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty