U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,728,690 times

Advertisements

Not every woman can just get out of bed with no makeup and look glamorous(trust me there are some)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,989,217 times
I actually look decent without makeup because I have very nice skin, but I wear it mostly because I like to accentuate my eyes. I've been told they're "intense," and I think makeup plays a part in that. Plus I'm a little vain. Not gonna lie.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM

26,894 posts, read 28,206,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certsevtxert View Post
Because they are either ugly or sluts or both.
I appreciate beauty without makeup. If she is ugly, makeup makes her look worse.
Yup. Women who wear makeup are sluts. Just like women with big boobs. And women with big butts. All hos. Why do they even leave the house. Everyone knows what they are after.

Spoiler
[sarcasm]

Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 PM

41,108 posts, read 32,791,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Congratulations!!

I've lost 25 lbs in the past few weeks and haven't gone down a pants size yet The perks of being tall, I suppose.
I'm 5'8" but I lose weight first in my middle - which is a good thing. I've lost FIVE INCHES in my waist and three in my hips, so I had to buy new pants!

But WOW - 25 pounds for you...I will sure be glad when I get to that point. That's a big accomplishment. I want to lose about 15 more pounds total. Being tall is a real advantage though when you're packing a few pounds - LOL. At least, with the 18 pounds gone, I don't look like a fat girl anymore. Just a slightly fluffy girl.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 PM

41,108 posts, read 32,791,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Whether it be attracting a mate, or showing up friends, this need to 'feel good' is really, like everything in life, based on the fear of avoiding a negative. The fear of being perceived as ugly and a slob, and the self-esteem one gets from appearing superficially attractive.

What - you don't like to "feel good?" Here, I've got something for you then:

Let me know how that works for you.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 810 times
Why is it when baby girls are born everyone see's their natural beauty and you we're so cute without it.Now when you are adult's why do you have to cover it all up? God loves you for your natural beauty.So why can't friends,family,etc.do the same? that's why you are born without it.The devil always covers up natural beauty because he hate's what God has created (All natural)so the devil does his best to cover everything up.Well it is still a freedom of choice for everyone.In the end it will only matter what God has to say about what was covered and not covered.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,821,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm 5'8" but I lose weight first in my middle - which is a good thing. I've lost FIVE INCHES in my waist and three in my hips, so I had to buy new pants!

But WOW - 25 pounds for you...I will sure be glad when I get to that point. That's a big accomplishment. I want to lose about 15 more pounds total. Being tall is a real advantage though when you're packing a few pounds - LOL. At least, with the 18 pounds gone, I don't look like a fat girl anymore. Just a slightly fluffy girl.
Ha, puffy! I'm sure you look great!

It's funny, because even though I've gained nearly 90 lbs in the past few years (some medical, some lazy) I've only gone up 3 pants sizes. I guess I just gain it very evenly... but I'm at the awkward point where my current pants are just a little loose, but if I went down a size they'd be too tight. So, I'm just gonna have to look a bit sloppy for a few more weeks

Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,281,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Cooking - if I'm cooking a quick dinner, I already usually have makeup on. Cooking breakfast -no. I haven't gotten dressed yet and I don't put on makeup till I get dressed. Cooking preserves or something else that requires literally hours of standing over a steaming huge vat of something - makeup is not a good idea. Not only that, but my hair will be pulled back out of my face as well, and I'm likely to be wearing an old, ratty T shirt. About the same getup that I wear when I am...

Raking leaves/doing yard work -I'm a very hard worker when it comes to yard work, and we live in Texas where you're likely to work up a sweat even at THIS time of year working in the yard (it's 72 degrees here today). So, if I plan on doing yard work, I try to start early in the morning, and I don't put on makeup till after I'm done. Dripping mascara is unattractive.

Playing with little kids - If I've already gotten dressed that day, I've got makeup on. I have six granddaughters under the age of 10. I am already training them on the importance of immaculate nails on fingers AND toes, and on the importance of impeccable grooming!

Watching a movie with my husband - I'm assuming this would be in the evenings. Since I get dressed and put my makeup on in the morning, I've got that covered.

Seems to me like it's not MAKEUP that bothers you as much as it is the idea of a woman putting herself together to be attractive to people other than only her husband.
This is what I was going to say. Its very obvious the OP issue is not with women wearing make-up but the fact that he's insecure and fearful of being with a woman who puts effort into her appearence because she will attract male attention that he doesn't feel he can compete with.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,148,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
This entire thread is hilarious. I might mention the profile pic....
Haha!!!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,056,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool cat View Post
Why is it when baby girls are born everyone see's their natural beauty and you we're so cute without it.Now when you are adult's why do you have to cover it all up? God loves you for your natural beauty.So why can't friends,family,etc.do the same? that's why you are born without it.The devil always covers up natural beauty because he hate's what God has created (All natural)so the devil does his best to cover everything up.Well it is still a freedom of choice for everyone.In the end it will only matter what God has to say about what was covered and not covered.
Stop. I am a Christian, but I think you are over doing this. Nowhere does God say that wearing makeup is a sin or wearing makeup is 'covering' his good creation. And don't try to bring up Jezebel either.

I understand as Christians that it is our job to preach the goodness of the Lord, but don't make up stuff either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty