Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times

Advertisements

I've actually been thinking about this topic, as I apply my makeup, since this thread started. I honestly enjoy the experience of putting on the makeup. I think it is like an artist at the canvas, pleasing him/herself at the results that appear with each brushstroke. Heck, with my eyesight the way it is now, I actually feel pretty good when I can line my lips and get the color to go exactly where I want it. It's actually a feeling of accomplishment to get that perfect lip! And eye liner --- that takes real skill at any age, if you ask me! All the possible color combinations of eye shadow --- deliciously beautiful! And how about those long-wearing lip colors, like Revlon Color Stay? I can seriously eat, drink, wipe my lips with a napkin, kiss, even brush my teeth, and that stuff stays ON!! I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I've actually been thinking about this topic, as I apply my makeup, since this thread started. I honestly enjoy the experience of putting on the makeup. I think it is like an artist at the canvas, pleasing him/herself at the results that appear with each brushstroke. Heck, with my eyesight the way it is now, I actually feel pretty good when I can line my lips and get the color to go exactly where I want it. It's actually a feeling of accomplishment to get that perfect lip! And eye liner --- that takes real skill at any age, if you ask me! All the possible color combinations of eye shadow --- deliciously beautiful! And how about those long-wearing lip colors, like Revlon Color Stay? I can seriously eat, drink, wipe my lips with a napkin, kiss, even brush my teeth, and that stuff stays ON!! I love it!
Does the newer formulations of that lipstick really work, I tried it some years ago, didn't work for me, so far I've yet to find one that stays on my lips and not everything else. I've been wearing Loreals, infallible, but that comes off, though it last a good while and I like the color I have. My make routine is about five minutes, probably 5-10 tops for an evening out. I wish I had those artistry skills when applying the palates.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM

945 posts, read 968,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
This is a myth held by some men thinking everything is done for them..... and believe me its not.... IM 65 now. so hardly hot tottie for the boys but I wont leave the house without my mascara and a little foundation.. jeez I wont go to empty the bin without it

If you've taken any time to read the thread and specifically my posts I've stated that it isn't done exclusively for men. There is a portion of makeup wearers that fall into that category, there are others who want to look better than other women and/or men and project a superior image of themselves. (It is all done for the consumption of others, the specific desired response my be different.)

So why would you not walk out to empty the bin without makeup on? Because there is a chance someone sees you without makeup? I am absolutely floored that someone would even considered that.

You would actually stop your progress, put on makeup and then commence to take out the trash if you had none on?

Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool cat View Post
Why is it when baby girls are born everyone see's their natural beauty and you we're so cute without it.Now when you are adult's why do you have to cover it all up? God loves you for your natural beauty.So why can't friends,family,etc.do the same? that's why you are born without it.The devil always covers up natural beauty because he hate's what God has created (All natural)so the devil does his best to cover everything up.Well it is still a freedom of choice for everyone.In the end it will only matter what God has to say about what was covered and not covered.
Fairies also do not like you to wear make up, whereas goblins do.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
You don't have to explain. We have already covered this pretty thoroughly now, makeup is used for either for "camouflage" or "seduction" psychologically speaking.

Thanks for the interest though.

Wrong.....I knew you wouldn't get it

Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Let me tell you that society does judge women by their physical appearance. I'm married and I wear some makeup (primarily for work) because I like it, but people do treat me better when I'm "put together" (hair done and some makeup). When I was a 20 year old I could get away with that roll-out-of-bed look, but in my mid-30's it's not so attractive or cute.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,776 times
Default Any Questions?

Sans make-up
Attached Thumbnails
Why do women feel the need to wear make-up?-make-up.jpg  

Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
"Why do women feel the need to wear make up?"

I don't "feel the need" to wear make up, and none of the women I know from several age groups feel the "need" to wear make up, but all of the women I know including myself do.

Some wear it more than others. Many of us have different levels of make up wearing. The quick one - just to look more put together, and a more elaborate one for special occasions, as well as a few levels in between.

There are times that I don't wear any make up at all.

I don't feel a "need" but I like to. Most women who I know feel this way.

Bottom line - if you don't like women who wear make up, don't date them...or whatever.

It's a cultural norm and many women, including myself, enjoy wearing make up, shopping for it, and applying it.

However, I do not personally know any women who are enslaved to make up, or refer to it as "putting on my face", as though without it one does not have a face.

It's fun and it enhances our natural good looks. So what's the big deal?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times
I wear makeup because it evens out my skin tone. I like the way it looks. I like putting it on. I don't wear it everyday but I do wear it most days. I'm not looking to attract a man as I'm happily married.

OP, why does it look like you have a ton of hair gel and hairspray in your profile pic? I may wear makeup but I'm a wash and wear type as far as my hair style goes. Why do you style yours so much? Are you trying to attract a mate? I thought you said that you have a girlfriend?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,188 times
At one time I really loved makeup, was obsessed i fact. I loved the higher end bands and loved to be creative with my look. However after finding out what is in all of that makeup we woman cover ourselves daily in I have sense moved on for health benefits. I never wore makeup for anyone elses benefit but my own, I loved playing with it and creating new looks. However now I don't wear anything not even chapstick. I've decided to live a more natural life and oddly enough have found out no one really NEEDS makeup, I don't miss wearing it one bit. however I am upset because I wasted 1,000s of dollars on it in a years time, an most of it never even got used and had a huge collection built up. Now I guess since I haven't used it in a year it's time for all of it to hit the trash. I never even used my naked 2 palette, shame but oh well, I don't need that garbage, much happier without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty