U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 12:13 PM

1,359 posts, read 958,845 times

Advertisements

Personally I rarely wear makeup. I've never really cared for it and most of it irritates my skin. <shrug> Some people like wearing it, others don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 12:19 PM

89 posts, read 100,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyBeth43 View Post
my husband told me that makeup is for whores and before he proposed i stopped my beauty regiments and he didn't even notice and said that i looked more beautiful without makeup and today i dont use makeup i told my children makeup is bad! anyway i do notice girls are obsessed with eye liner and all that crap,****,fake **** can burn in frickin hell all those shallow ****s can back off cos they're getting on MY ****
Why did you listen to your husband? Makeup is NOT for whores. It's for anyone that wants to wear it. Why are you so angry? There's something else going on with you and it has nothing to do with wearing makeup.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:24 PM

89 posts, read 100,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I hope you are not as chauvinistic as this makes you sound. I don't wear makeup to "court men." Nor do I dress nicely, keep myself in shape, practice good hygiene, get attractive haircuts, or wear pretty jewelry to "court men." I like things that look nice. I enjoy them. I feel prettier with makeup, jewelry, hair done, and nicely made clothing than I feel with bed head, splotchy-skinned face, and a sweatsuit. Does my husband appreciate the effort I put into looking my best? Yes. Is it a cultural thing? Certainly. But ultimately I do it for me. Makeup (and all the rest) is fun and artistic.
I Love your comment! I feel exactly the same way! I think we choose to wear makeup rather than feel the "need" to wear it. The only thing I need to do for myself, is to lose some weight. I used to be so skinny. When I was 17 I only weighed 73 pounds. I blame gaining weight on me buying a car lol. I used to walk a lot out of neccessity. My car made me lazy lol.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:38 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,356,692 times
Default Great question ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Being a male, I personally don't wear make-up or know many men that wear make-up. Is there a reason women, especially married or "taken" women using make-up for work, family gatherings, shopping, etc feel the need to improve their sex appeal for no logical reason?

Isn't the point of make-up to make you look better than you naturally are?

Isn't this done on some level to overly represent your natural features to attract a mate/partner/husband?

If you are OK with your partner seeing you without make-up and feel comfortable with it, why do you feel the need to showoff to strangers that have less importance in your life in a fake and sexually improved facade?

Is a pure and natural look unacceptable to women because they don't feel their looks acceptable for public consumption? What is the goal of make-up in day to day life?
I have always really liked make up and go threw cycles of wearing more of less. I had discussion with another man about this. His question was well why would a married or taken woman care about her appearance that much. I found it so interesting that this single man thought this. Use of make-up means different things to different people. Some people like to drama it can add to this fashion statement. So people do it to enhance their features. I also know many men that hate getting make-up all over the clothes if women they are with is wearing foundation (Not all, but MANY do). I think people who say wearing make-up does not enhance your features are likely not putting it on correctly and check out some youtube videos for ideas.

Personally I wear make-up for the fun of it. I probably worse more then I was younger just to be a bit more rebellious. Now it is just for fun. I am with someone who says that he does not see why I need to wear make-up. I think he is more concerned about his white shirts then my fashion sense lol. Do I and would I leave my house without make-up, yes. If my house is on fire I am not going to kick around to find my mascara ! I know women in their 90s that still wear make-up and none of them have expressed any interest in meeting a new husband. For some people it is just a habit and a way they try to express themselve. If you HAVE to wear makeup to feel good about yourself that is a whole different problem.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:39 PM

3,019 posts, read 3,120,616 times
Cognitive Dissonance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty