U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,433,454 times

Advertisements

Do you know of any online retailer or store that does backorder on bras?

Seeing styles and then finding the size out of stock is getting annoying.

If you had to do this how long was your wait usually?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,176,944 times
Where did you order from?

Check out:
brastop
bravissimo
figleaves
herroom
very.com
ASOS

The all have some overlap on brands, if I recall I think you are under a G, so there maybe more options. But the 28 bands tend to be "understocked." But when I have had a backorder, it mostly has taken 2 weeks or so.

Your timing can be off, just because of the winter clearance and anticipation of the spring styles and stocking up for then.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 AM

I haven't yet.

I have just been bookmarking to check out reviews and the 28's are always out of stock.
Probably going to try a different couple cup sizes around that range to see what fits best.

I just didn't want to bother with customer service if someone on here already knew or had experience. lol

Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 AM

26,878 posts, read 28,176,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I haven't yet.

I have just been bookmarking to check out reviews and the 28's are always out of stock.
Probably going to try a different couple cup sizes around that range to see what fits best.

I just didn't want to bother with customer service if someone on here already knew or had experience. lol
Good luck! I see quite a few 28s at my local nordstrom these days. I go to a flagship one more often. 28s are still a bit of a niche size, and I hope that improves! But keep trying. FYI: I find that Cleo bras tend to be "tight" so I need to go up in a band for many of them. So you can try the 30s in the Cleo's. Many of the Panache's as well. (The Arizia comes to mind as a tight one. Adorra is more true to size.)

Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Good luck! I see quite a few 28s at my local nordstrom these days. I go to a flagship one more often. 28s are still a bit of a niche size, and I hope that improves! But keep trying. FYI: I find that Cleo bras tend to be "tight" so I need to go up in a band for many of them. So you can try the 30s in the Cleo's. Many of the Panache's as well. (The Arizia comes to mind as a tight one. Adorra is more true to size.)
Good to know. Most 28's I can't use the biggest adjustment and then reduce with the bra's age like how you are suppose to. Usually I have to go at the second or smallest clasp setting. Putting those on the list...

Nordstorms is close here but who knows what the buy has on stock...

~crosses fingers~

Old 01-19-2013, 02:16 PM

5,640 posts, read 16,936,457 times
I mail order all my bras, I have an uncommon size. I found the size finally and just keep ordering the same bra brand in different colors and styles and watch for specials. There are only one or two stores that even stock my size. And then, they NEVER have that size in stock. There are not enough hours in a day for me to drive to every single store in our metro area to look for the one they MIGHT have in stock. Mail order is the way to go. Unless you are a 36B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or