Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:36 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times

Advertisements

I think she looks her age. I find her pretty, and I love her style in clothes. She does indeed look tired a lot of the time but I think so do a lot of young women with an active life...

I certainly hope more of her classic style runs down towards the bottom end of the fashion market. I have been waiting for a long time for someone who actually wears clothes I like with a high profile. It might make shopping for clothes less unpleasant for me who hates fashion and shopping. She has timeless, classic style but with nice little modern touches which I find quite charming.

I must say as a Republican ( in the British sense , ie : opposed to a Monarchic system)I find her a good role model and she has definitely brought in a huge breath of fresh air to this dusty and outdated institution.

I am against her position but would find it hard to find fault with her as a person so far. She has conducted herself with grace, dignity and charm so far and I pray the paparazzi and their blood sucking audiences will leave the poor woman alone, especially now she is expecting. She deserves privacy.

And BTW 40 is not old, thank you all the same !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
at 31 she is not a young woman. she is a woman, 'fully growed'. and like a woman she has good days and bad days based upon any number of factors.

IMO, she is an attractive woman. and i wish her the best with her pregnancy and future life. But she is not young.
Huh but Kimmy looks hawt, is older, and shes pregnant too (or is she?). Katey fine too, but she looks like she's in her mid 30s compared to her:

Kimmy 2013

Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
Will the real Kim Kardashian please stand up? Not disputing Kim Kardashian is hot in full makeup though.

I think Kate Middleton looks more like herself without makeup on as it were.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
FYI: generally speaking, people with a natural darker complexion (read as more melanin) age better than people who are naturally lighter.

So if you are lighter...you really need to be more agressive on the antiaging front. Wear sunscreen. Drink water. And start using the "serums" and anti-aging products early.

One of my closest friends has a similar skin tone to Kate M. She is 32. She looks much younger than Kate does. She has been wearing sunscreen and using anti-aging stuff since I met her a age 18. Her mom started on the anti-aging bandwagon in her mid 40s. She is now in her late 50s, and looks about her age. But she is also from the generation that did a lot of sunbathing. These two ladies swear by Chanel skin care and are aging well, especially factoring in their naturally super fair skin.

If you have fair skin, it is a good plan to limit your sun exposure. For darker women as well, but we have it easier.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
I don't know but she sure is a classy lady, with great sense in fashion.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilksFavoriteCookie View Post
Huh but Kimmy looks hawt, is older...
Kim's had so much Botox and lip filler that she looks to be well over her actual age. Thank you, Kate, for not indulging in that. (Without make-up, Kate would probably look like a kid herself. She's probably not allowed to be seen in public without it.)

Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM

225 posts, read 643,792 times
Well, Prince William chose her. She's royalty now and has to carry herself accordingly (maybe why she was chosen in the first place), so she doesn't come across as youthful/playful as someone without her responsibilities. She'll live a very different life than that of Kim K. and will be in the history books for hundreds of years to follow along with all the other kings, queens, princesses, princes, etc. Kim will not - most actors, actresses, and models are forgotten after a few generations.
So it appears that Kate is the choice among royalty and Kim is the choice of commoners. "Thems the breaks!" as the old-timers say.

It isn't surprising to see that teen and twenty-somethings view someone older than them as 'old.' I did too. And it also isn't surprising that older people view someone younger than them as 'young for their age.' Although, poor Jason Segel looks like he's in his mid-40's to me. And Jason Sudekis does, too. Some people have baby faces, some do not.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Will the real Kim Kardashian please stand up? Not disputing Kim Kardashian is hot in full makeup though.

I think Kate Middleton looks more like herself without makeup on as it were.
You forgtot to take away the hair extensions for both Beyonce AND Kim.

Come on,let's see them in all their glory... pull it ALL off.
People are not being realistic with this.....
I know that Beyonce and Kim have dark circles,when I saw pics of them without makeup.

I'm willing to bet once we pull the hair off those two,and then compare...
Kate will come out number 1.
I like Kate,she hasn't shown up butt naked and dancing on stage,and still can't catch a break.
But I think she looks her age,but I guess not wearing hoe wear makes her seem older to some.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You forgtot to take away the hair extensions for both Beyonce AND Kim.

Come on,let's see them in all their glory... pull it ALL off.
People are not being realistic with this.....
I know that Beyonce and Kim have dark circles,when I saw pics of them without makeup.

I'm willing to bet once we pull the hair off those two,and then compare...
Kate will come out number 1.
I like Kate,she hasn't shown up butt naked and dancing on stage,and still can't catch a break.
But I think she looks her age,but I guess not wearing hoe wear makes her seem older to some.
I didn't post any pictures of or discuss Beyonce.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
yes, she is also good looking compared to most women in their 30s that I know.
I guess most people would chose to be a busted,ugly 18 year old over a beautiful 31 year old?
I know plenty of beautiful older women and ugly younger women.
The beautiful older women(who looked their age) still got more male attention than the busted younger women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty