U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM

26,885 posts, read 28,188,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Karson View Post
uummmmmmmm i dont think so ....... I will selll them. my bags are VERY VERY expensive and I am not going to lol donate my Hermes kelly bag to ANYONE or my LV, Gucci Dior Marc Jacobs lol that would be super sick.

many chairties take the good stuff for themselves . I found that out from people who work at the local ones in my area.
Feel free to donate that Kelly bag to me.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM

10,253 posts, read 14,109,677 times
Quote:
uummmmmmmm i will sell my designer bags. those down and out can buy there own when they fix their lives. most of them are former convicts and drug addicts those types dont get my help. .

There are some very worthy charities for women who ARE trying to "fix their lives" due to circumstances that occur through no fault of their own. Women going through cancer treatments, need a smile and a lift. The "Look Good Feel Better" program through the ACS is a wonderful boost to women. People have lost their homes in this economy; mothers have lost children through terminal illness and other tragedies, trying to rebuild their lives and climb out of depression. Women have lost their husbands, brothers, family members in the war. Any number of reasons.

You must have missed the movie, "The Help".

Do not judge others until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM

139 posts, read 314,077 times
I listed some on ebay - you what hermes LV GUCCI etc you punch a clock and buy it. just saying.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 AM

10,253 posts, read 14,109,677 times
Default Hermes bag

Translation: Let them eat cake.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,436,663 times
There are charity shops where the workers get first pick. They are suppose to pay for them but I know of people snagging stuff too.

You could always sell them at a consignment shop too. Be careful you don't get ripped off on ebay:

eBay Guides - How to Successfully Sell Designer Handbags on Ebay

You can always make a deco wall as already mentioneddepending on what they look like)
Purse Storage Solutions? Good Questions | Apartment Therapy

^^^that link has a picture with some colorful bags.

Stuff with tissue paper (acid free) to keep them puffed.
Wouldn't hurt to throw some of those silica packets in there to keep it dry.

OR

You could store things in the purses too like gloves, hosiery, bras, etc.
(basically treating them like mini drawers on the wall)

Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM

11,685 posts, read 13,101,708 times
Quote:
I have a bunch of bags [designer] and like to get some creative ideas of what other things i can use them for. Thx
Planters perhaps?

Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM

6,226 posts, read 7,413,441 times
I can't believe you posted this thread to get "ideas" on what to do with your designer bags. Maybe you just wanted everyone to know that you had grown tired of your designer bags. You had some nice, well-intentioned suggestions and then you listed your Hermes kelly, LV, Gucci Dior Marc Jacobs goodies on ebay. Which is what I suspect you intended to do with them all along.

I heartily wish that you never fall on hard times; I fear you wouldn't last.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM

14,333 posts, read 20,585,793 times
Quote:
uummmmmmmm uummmmmmmm i dont think so ....... I will selll them. my bags are VERY VERY expensive and I am not going to lol donate my Hermes kelly bag to ANYONE or my LV, Gucci Dior Marc Jacobs lol that would be super sick.

many chairties take the good stuff for themselves . I found that out from people who work at the local ones in my area. i will sell my designer bags. those down and out can buy there own when they fix their lives. most of them are former convicts and drug addicts those types dont get my help. .
Wow stereotype much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty