U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM

1,308 posts, read 2,583,921 times

Advertisements

She's too twee for my tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Well, I don't frequent coffee shops , but in general, nobody dresses like that where I live. Heck, I don't think I've even seen any females dressed like that in NYC, although I would imagine that's more of a downtown (Village, SoHo) look.

I know the look/style, but I just don't see people actually dressing like that where I live. Like I said, they may very well be wearing outfits & accessories along those lines and I just never took note because I wasn't drawn to it. Hell, it might be the fact that I'm old and a mom and most moms I know don't dress like that because it's not practical. LOL I actually really like the styles from Mad Men because they're more polished (from what little I have seen).
Well I will be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks, I will be sure to keep an eye out for the ZD style.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,962,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Well I will be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks, I will be sure to keep an eye out for the ZD style.

Oooh...you walking in Feb?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Well, I don't frequent coffee shops , but in general, nobody dresses like that where I live. Heck, I don't think I've even seen any females dressed like that in NYC, although I would imagine that's more of a downtown (Village, SoHo) look.
Last time I went to NYC I went over to Stumptown Coffee over on W. 29th, and it was like being in the Bay. All hipsters. I am sure all of the outposts of Blue Bottle coffee are quite the same. :P

Oh and the hipsters are defnitely in full force in Williamsburg. Saw lots of them there. Just like being in the Bay.

Hilarious.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Veganism, obscure cultural references, indie music, and raising awareness about Kony 2012 | Invisible Children
The first 3 aren't actual causes though. They are opinions. :P

The Kony thing? That is sort of a cause. But everyone is over it. After that initial buzz, it all died out. The hipsters were on to the next thing. Locavorism or something. Artisan beer. 3rd wave coffee roasting. Butchery. Jam making.

Ok well that's what we have here in the Bay at least.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM

4,911 posts, read 6,576,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The first 3 aren't actual causes though. They are opinions. :P

The Kony thing? That is sort of a cause. But everyone is over it. After that initial buzz, it all died out. The hipsters were on to the next thing. Locavorism or something. Artisan beer. 3rd wave coffee roasting. Butchery. Jam making.

Ok well that's what we have here in the Bay at least.
The Kony thing was retarded. It was one of the many factors that finally drove me off facebook. People pretending to give a crap about something only because everyone else is pretending to give a crap about it. It goes against every existential bone in my body.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Last time I went to NYC I went over to Stumptown Coffee over on W. 29th, and it was like being in the Bay. All hipsters. I am sure all of the outposts of Blue Bottle coffee are quite the same. :P

Oh and the hipsters are defnitely in full force in Williamsburg. Saw lots of them there. Just like being in the Bay.

Hilarious.

You spend lot of time in coffee shops! LOL

Hipsters may be abundant in Williamsburg, but it's not a popular look on Long Island. I can see the look being popular in Hoboken too.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:
Oooh...you walking in Feb?
Yeah. Nothing big, a designer I've worked with is part of a designers collective. I'm still counting it as walking in NY fashion week.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Yeah. Nothing big, a designer I've worked with is part of a designers collective. I'm still counting it as walking in NY fashion week.

It counts!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You spend lot of time in coffee shops! LOL

Hipsters may be abundant in Williamsburg, but it's not a popular look on Long Island. I can see the look being popular in Hoboken too.
LOL! I am not a hipster, but I do like tasty coffee. Unfortunately that seems to go hand in hand with the hipsters. I am like a novelty at the hipster cafes in some regions.

(In Oakland the "hipster" coffee places are pretty diverse. In SF and NYC and Seattle and I imagine Portland as well, not so much.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or