Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times

Advertisements

I wasn't worried about looking old at 23. I just turned 29 and I'm still not worried about looking old. I try to exercise and eat well, I wear sunscreen, don't smoke, and cut back on drinking. I want to be healthy and look the best I can, but every single day I live and breathe I'm getting older. We all are You can't stop it and women who botox and have face lifts and spend hours a day putting on products to try to look younger are ridiculous. I have a friend who has cancer. She's only in her 30's. She would love to live long enough to look old and have gray hair. I think you really need to get some perspective. Everyone wishes they could look younger, but unless you want to die in your 20's getting and looking older is just part of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
No one is answering my question, how do you know whether you look young or old to other people?
If they're younger than you, you look old. If they're older than you, you look young.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
I'm cool with it the whole aging gracefully thing, until some clueless boob makes an insensitive comment as if he or she is going to be (and look!) 25 forever. When you're 25 it's tempting to think that, but everyone knows that is a load of you know what.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 AM

195 posts, read 350,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wasn't worried about looking old at 23. I just turned 29 and I'm still not worried about looking old. I try to exercise and eat well, I wear sunscreen, don't smoke, and cut back on drinking. I want to be healthy and look the best I can, but every single day I live and breathe I'm getting older. We all are You can't stop it and women who botox and have face lifts and spend hours a day putting on products to try to look younger are ridiculous. I have a friend who has cancer. She's only in her 30's. She would love to live long enough to look old and have gray hair. I think you really need to get some perspective. Everyone wishes they could look younger, but unless you want to die in your 20's getting and looking older is just part of life.
You will get there . give it 5-6 years. What you think now it's ridiculous, you might give it a second thought in the future

Aging sucks I don't care what anybody says.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
to keep from Premature Aging:

stay out of the sun, use sun screen, hats and sun glasses, don't use tanning salons either

don't smoke-anything
don't drink alcohol, eat natural foods, avoid all meds

exercise

pick your parents better as a lot of this stuff is genetic.

I am 66 and don't look it. I have had compliments my whole life on my beautiful complexion. I don't do anything extra. In fact i usually skip bedtime face washing. I just got lucky in the gene pool.

BTW worrying definitely ages you.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
best post I've seen on this site in quite some time. You nailed it. Bet you are a blast to be around.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:55 AM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
LOL- Yep, aging only affects some people. You are going to get old whether you like it or not so it is in your best interest to accept the fact and deal with it like everyone else.

BTW- At your age it might be time to consider wearing sensible shoes- if you wear high heels you might fall and break a hip.... just sayin....

Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,382 times
One of the worst things you can do is try to continue to look 23 as you grow older...it becomes ridiculous and people pity you. Google "aging gracefully"...
Furthermore, now is the time to understand that you are at your peak physically, but that is going to change more every year and you better learn how to get comfortable in your own skin, because that's the only body you have.
Take good care of yourself, starting now...learn extreme self care. But remember BALANCE in all things -- while you are taking excellent care of yourself, get your MIND engaged and learn to be an interesting person. Trust me, unless the other person is shallow, adults yearn to connect with people who have something to say. Yes, we all may enjoy a "one-night stand" with a young and beautiful person, but if that person has nothing worthwhile to say, and only have their buff young body to offer, that gets old ... quick.
You will never again be as young as you are today, and as others have said, aging is inevitable and the alternative not so good. Learn to be the "BEST you" you can be at whatever age you are, and forget about aging and start living your LIFE.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM

147 posts, read 284,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I don't want to ever look older. I'm getting some botox so I can look the same throughout the years
Botox doesn't stop you looking older, it just stops you having forehead and under eye wrinkles (as much) when you move your face/smile (and it can freeze/reshape your jar etc etc). Other parts of you face will give it away, you can't cheat the clock. Sure, Botox helps to soften the signs but educate yourself on what it'll actually do for you. Also don't get it if you're in your 20's, anyone I have seen do this looks 10 years OLDER. Botox helps heaps if you are in your mid-late 30's but you have to find someone who does it very well. But in saying that, you'll still look your age, you'll just prefer what you see when you grimace in the mirror and think you look better, and that's all that matters ~ how you feel about yourself. No one else cares 1/1000th as much as you will. Stay out of the sun and don't smoke.

Last edited by Olliesyd; 02-01-2013 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM

141 posts, read 234,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Worrying about whether or not you are aging will cause you to age faster. One thing is certain, if you reach age 30, you are going to look older than you do today. At 40, you will look older than you did at 30 and so on through the years. Spend time learning a new skill, such as becoming a good cook, then learn something else.

Good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty